Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 6max Zoom - JJ OOP vs 3bet, low flop

Old
Question
NL5 6max Zoom - JJ OOP vs 3bet, low flop - Wed Mar 26, 2014, 03:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($7.32)
SB ($2.11)
BB ($4.11)
UTG ($8.16)
Hero (MP) ($5.56)
CO ($5)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
UTG raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, CO raises to $0.60, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.42) 3, 4, 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02

Turn: ($3.46) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $3.38 (All-In), Hero?

This hand is from NL5 6max Zoom.
CO is tight and very aggressive preflop and postfop.
VPIP: 16
PFR: 14
AGG: 9.5
HANDS: 606

3bet stats
TOT 3B: 9.1
3B CO: 5.9(34)
TOT 3B vs HERO: 16(43)
Squeeze: 7.7

CBet stats in 3Bet pot IP
OTF: 75(4)
OOT: 100(2)

Fold vs 4Bet IP: 67(3)

Is it ok to call 3Bet with JJ OOP or would you prefer to 4Bet in this spot?
Would you call flop and turn bets on a low board like this?

Last edited by ImStylo; Thu Mar 27, 2014 at 02:48 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
well, I plugged in a range I thought he could have pre flop and I got 88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+,KQo I like the flat call pre flop because he will only continue with the top of that range which has us flipping or in bad shape.

If he is an aggro player a c bet is probably a given on that flop so the flop call is fine. If you think he is 2 barrel shoving all his pp's and AK the the turn call is fine, if we think he is doing it with 88+ you are flipping vs that range so mathematically it is a call. He seems pretty aggro so he might be doing this with 88 - TT it seems pretty close to me, I don't know that you are making a mistake by either calling or folding.

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 05:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2014
Personally I reraise JJ here vs an UTG open. You're ahead of his range and you have position for the rest of the hand. If the CO then cold 4-bets in this scenario, given his stats, it tightens up his range a whole lot.

As played, I wouldn't 4-bet after calling the UTG raise. The turn is a tough spot. I think he's likely showing up here with a 88-TT and QQ+ with the occasional blow-out. Overall I think it's pretty close between calling and folding.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 02:09 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I don't think this villain is squeezing from the CO with 88-JJ vs a UTG open and a MP cc. This is a fold OTT, no doubt in my mind. This squeeze would be QQ+ and AK.

I like what Chewme1 said the other day about JJ. When you're in a tough spot with JJ, discount them to pocket tens. Would you be happy making this call here with TT? I don't think so.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 07:29 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
I don't know dirt, he is squeezing almost 8% of the time if you lower it a bit say to 5% vs a mp open it still includes 88+, and with him being hyper aggro when involved in hands it seems pretty close to me. I don't disagree that a fold is fine, I just don't think we are always bad when we call.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 09:45 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Hi ImStylo,

I think you played this hand fine tbh up to the turn. One of the things not brought up in the stats was the UTG stats, and will CO have info on him (3BvHero was given, but he's not 3-betting the hero, he's 3-betting UTG). If the UTG is a big fish and he knows it, I'd expect that to impact his squeeze range significantly. If the UTG is a nit, I'd expect him to be 3-betting a very narrow and value heavy range here. And we don't know.

Absent reads, I will err on the side of caution and assume he is not squeezing too light vs. an UTG open and UTG+1 cold call. So I think calling pre is ok, calling flop certainly, and calling the turn is pretty -EV. This board texture is much better for our range as the cold caller than his, we have all the sets, and the only reasonable straight (55). He doesn't seem to care, he is willing to pay those off to get value from overpairs. Given the situation I feel like he's going to be weighted much more towards QQ+ than 88-TT in this spot when he shoves turn.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 09:49 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic815 View Post
I don't know dirt, he is squeezing almost 8% of the time if you lower it a bit say to 5% vs a mp open it still includes 88+, and with him being hyper aggro when involved in hands it seems pretty close to me. I don't disagree that a fold is fine, I just don't think we are always bad when we call.
It's tricky. We can't make statements like he's hyper aggro in this spot. AF is super high but that just means he doesn't call much, it doesn't take into account how often he may check hands. C-bet flop and turn in 3B pots in position are samples of 4 and 2.

Our range is so super strong here, that villain should be checking back 88-TT quite often on the turn. The tricky part is at these stakes, he may not know that. But tight players in general tend to be cautious in these spots.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com