5nl FR Zoom - A5o in BB

Old
5nl FR Zoom - A5o in BB - Thu Mar 27, 2014, 08:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Please could you analyse my hand below:

what would you guys do on river?

I am hoping this is just an unlucky hand, so to speak.

Maybe I should have raised preflop, and also maybe not call the pot sized bet on Turn, but felt that I might have some decent outs, 5s (3outs), 4s (4 outs), I guess though they could be tainted outs, especially the 5s.

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by pullin1988; Thu Mar 27, 2014 at 08:19 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 08:37 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
when the sb limps I think this is an auto raise, I would make it .20 at minimum. If called I would have c bet that flop. I might have checked back the turn because we now have showdown value and we could be dominated, and I hope you called the river. the only hand you are behind is 75 which probably doesn't get to showdown if you played it more aggressively.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 10:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
So by unlucky... you're telling me that he had 57? Or did you fold? Look at it this way.... I think the raise is ok... but you're splitting against 5x except 57. I would have maybe made the raise OTR to 0.75 for some thin value. Your river sizing looks a bit bluffy, so I can see the villain jamming over your raise with 65, 45 ect... something that you're splitting against. As played I would just fold to his shove. You've invested 23bb. And you'd be calling to split at best.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Yeah villain had 57. I did indeed raise on the river that high for it to look bluffy (which appears to be a mistake), but what I didn't do was range his hand which cost me, and yes I did indeed call his all-in on the river.

I went on a bit of auto-pilot - not really thinking, which is gonna cost me.

Cheers guys for the advice.

Matt

Last edited by pullin1988; Thu Mar 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 09:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Raise the limp to take control pre-flop.

Since you checked pre, bet the flop when checked to. When the SB checks the flop in a BvB situation, they fold to a bet so often that you're basically printing money. I'd bet here with any two cards, but you have a gutshot and overcard, so it's mandatory.

As played, just call the river. You'll win sometimes, lose sometimes and chop fairly often. When you raise and get shoved on, you're chopping at best.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 10:38 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pullin,

It's summed up pretty nicely already imo. My view:

-Raise preflop
-As played bet the flop
-Call turn
-I think calling or raising river is close, his pot sized river bet is probably a 5+ or a bluff, so it seems too thin. If we do raise river, I think it's certainly a fold to the shove, since we both have 5's in our range and villain does have 57, I think we are tied or beat here and not tied often enough to call for half the pot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com