Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, T9s in BB thin value XR OTR

Old
10NL ZOOM, T9s in BB thin value XR OTR - Thu Mar 27, 2014, 01:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
So... I'm guessing this is waaaay to thin.

Villain(42):31/12/4.0/-/ATS:18

Seems strange that this villain would be checking a set of ACES on this board but... who knows.

OTT: He raises when I lead. Maybe this was a bad lead?
OTR: He bets pretty big here. Original plan was to just call, but I don't see him having AA but then again I guess AA is more likely than AK, AQ type hands?

I decided to bump it, maybe he gets stubborn with KK, QQ Ax? I don't see him having Ax of hearts...

Then he bumps it BACK! AAAAAHHHHHH! And the writes 77 in the chat box...which I kind of believe! I think AA, 87, 77...

OTR... In this spot should we just check call? or lead out and fold to a raise?

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 03:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop both calling and 3-betting are gonna be fine options, calling more so because of the great price you are getting.

Flop and turn play are good too but I am not sure if we can get much more value OTR by raising. His betting range seems polarized between strong flushes or boats and a bluff and he may not call worse against a raise anyway.

As played I think we can safely assume he will have us beat here by shoving against your strong river line.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com