Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, JJ flop desicion

Old
10NL ZOOM, JJ flop desicion - Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Flop decision... is this going to be a spot where shoving is standard?
I was actually debating on folding preflop also as we're not closing the action and we aren't quite getting 15x to hit a set.

Villain(267):18/14/4.8
TOT 3 BET: 5.8
Squeeze: 5 on 22 samples
CBET: 75 on 12 samples
HM autorate: TAG

Last edited by dirt eh; Thu Mar 27, 2014 at 05:46 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think flatting is bad if you don't intend to continue on any perceived safe card, he's setting it up for stacks though on the turn, as he is scared of the drawy board (I presume). So I think its either shove or fold.

I've folded here before just because I was so unsure of my hand against his perceived range.

Don't think it was horrible but I think we are behind when called. It's only if we include AK in his premium hand range here that we are an equity favourite. He almost certainly folds that and calls with the rest thinking we have the kind of hand we have.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 06:06 PM
(#3)
Yeah... I'm not sure what too do here! He shouldn't be folding QQ+ if he gives us 88, 99, TT, JJ, and i'm not sure if we can add AK to his range here... BIG SQUEEZE AND OVERBET THE POT.

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:47 AM
(#4)
(Head Trainer)
Hey guys,

I think it would be totally fine folding preflop here tbh... I can't imagine we're making money on this call. The villain is nitty to begin with for 6-max, and here he's making an oversized 3b in a position where he should have his strongest of ranges... vs. an UTG open and UTG+1 call, 160+bb deep, out of position for the rest of the and... wen he had the option to simply see the flop for 2 more bb. I doubt a guy with this profile is 3-beting AK 100% of the time here, so his range is probably something like AKs/QQ+. Sounds tight, but I don't see any good reason to assume otherwise. One thing you should consider in spots like this which you didn't, is info on V5... if V5 is a big fish for instance, and V3 knows this, that would be a good reason he might widen the 3B range some, to squeeze you out and iso the fish.

Post flop is just a fold to the overbet. I think putting AK in his range at this point is very optimistic, every indicator is that he's got QQ+. We are 4-1 to improve on the turn and only getting 2-1 on our call, and our implied odds are tainted in that all cards that improve us make the board very scary too.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I would call pre, hoping to go set-mining 3-ways, but I don't mind folding either. Flop is a clear fold. You're not beating anything.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com