Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

someone explain this

Old
someone explain this - Fri Mar 28, 2014, 05:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
now i just find it hard to understand this players logic we had been on the same table for ages so they new i only raised with good hands maybe they had physic powers

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 11:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
And why do you think they were aware of your play?

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 12:36 PM
(#3)
ps: What did you know of their play?

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 03:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Probably thought you have something weak and tried to get you off your hand. He is kinda deep stacked and he couldn't really fold after that 3bet.

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 08:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Villain's minraise might have been a misclick. Once you shove, he's getting pot odds of better than 2:1 so he kind of has to call with any two cards.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 09:28 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2012
I take it this is a tourney. Why did you open so big? I like a 2.2 - 2.5x open planning on 4 bet shoving or calling any 3 bet shoves. I have to agree with him thinking you had air with your sizing and he just thought you couldn't stand a shove and he could pick up a nice pot.

Please don't take this the wrong way I am not putting you down just pointing out some leaks. We always want to say how bad the other player played but to be honest I think you played this hand poorly. Lets say you make it 750 to go and he raises to 1400 now when you 4 bet shove, he is in a bad spot and probably has to fold and if he does call off then there is really nothing you can do about it. I wouldn't be upset in this scenario because we would have taken the best line with the best hand and got drawn out on, it happens but in the long run we are going to be the one dragging the chips.

I hope this makes sense to you and take it as intended.

gl at the tables

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 12:38 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkkilla76 View Post
now i just find it hard to understand this players logic we had been on the same table for ages so they new i only raised with good hands maybe they had physic powers
If you only raise with premium hands you're exploitable. Add in some speculative but easy to get away from hands. Small pairs and middle suited connectors (67s for example) are good but keep it under 10% until you're sure you can get away when they flop hits you lightly and there is action.

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 05:09 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkkilla76 View Post
So you know this player is only raising with good hands. How about what they think about how you play. How often do you raise 4x from a steal position...to a thoughtful play that could look very much like a steal. After you then shove all in he has to call given the odds he is now getting.

Hard to say what any given villain is actually thinking.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 06:12 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2012

If you are playing against me Grade, I am usually thinking " I wish I had beer and pizza right about now "

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 06:38 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic815 View Post

If you are playing against me Grade, I am usually thinking " I wish I had beer and pizza right about now "

......yummy pizza, Its ok I'll wait while you go order.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com