Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

CrazYJohnnie grinding goals

Old
CrazYJohnnie grinding goals - Fri Mar 28, 2014, 09:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
What up community!

Decided i should make thread about my adventures at them micro stakes and how i grind it(hopefully) up, so i maintain good discipline because i would need to post here.

Poker & Life Goals:

-Play at least 2k hands @ reg cash tables daily;
-Alternative is to grind SNG's for 6 hours a day;
-Attend all training sessions on PSO, which i do when i do not forget;
-Review hands, read/watch different subjects about poker daily for 1 hour - today playing AK;
-Start working out 4 days a week, i was in great shape, but my current lifestyle has lead to ultimate degeneracy and i don't think i can even do 30 pushups anymore;
-Get a job, have been unemployed for couple months, this actually could be easier than reaching 50NL this year
-Stop running bad at Stars and no tilting;

Beat: Runbad and tilt have made my Stars BR from 30$ to 10$ in two days, need to grind it up.

Brag: Pacific roll has gone from 10$ to 40$ in 8 days at 2NL and 1$ SNG's, gonna take 5 BI shot at 4NL today, they have 2c/4c blinds instead of 2c/5c blinds at Stars.

Variance:Yesterday Monkey tilt graph

Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Fri Mar 28, 2014 at 09:18 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 05:31 PM
(#2)
Posting is not very easy, when you run very bad, because we all like to say that we are doing good, right?
Anyway, 2 days ago i nearly busted my tiny roll at zoom, playing tilt poker on Stars, but i think i can turn it around and need to grind SNG's to get somewhere, also my horses are doing good, so hopefully i can get back on track soon! Binked .25 90man today for 5.78$ weee
I have some tilt related issues with zoom and no other game tilts me like zoom so i will not play it for a long time.

4NL shot on Pacific went kinda good in the beginning(aside from some weird reg vs whom i had AA, so i raise, he 3 bets, i 4bet, he 5bets and i snap jam and he almost snap calls. So i thought i would see KK. i saw KQ and turn made his straight ) What a lame play. Anyway after that it was all downhill, so i am back to 2NL, but currently on a brake, will not play until Wednesday.

Good luck at them tables!

Sick brag lol: won PSO Home Game tourney today, play money, but anyway it feels good. Also went into 100 out of 5k runners at 0.11$ tourney, but some random nit called my 12 BB A3 shove with KQ for 1/3 his stack and hit Q on the turn. Whatevs.

Nanonoko vids are the nuts, Haxton coaching Felix is also mandatory for everyone.

Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 05:36 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 04:31 PM
(#3)
Patience is a virtue, in poker they say. I have revised my game a little bit, got rid of everything fancy, not even two barreling nut flush draws, doing almost nothing except good old value betting at them micro stakes. I also have adjusted my play not to do it by the book, but in order to beat the stakes i am playing. Only have to get that volume in, which i find kinda hard to do last few days.

Some lol graphament, this is 888 tourneys since i reinstalled HEM, I go on a nice 150 game downswing, followed by even better 100 game climb. 160 of these are 1$ 6max SNG's regular speed, about 100 hypers and some other gamezz. Time to post some hands for analyze in the forum

Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Fri Apr 04, 2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 07:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Good thoughts and you seem to have the right attitude, good luck

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 02:30 PM
(#5)
Been a while, since i posted here, i have not been playing as much as i would like, but i will in these days.
I have rebuilt my roll on Stars, i am watching videos, thinking about hands, reading 2+2 and PSO, attending training sessions and it all starts to make some sense. I know i am very long way to go to where i could be, but i will try my best and some improvements:

-Always think about cbets, almost NEVER cbetting because i have to, but trying to figure out reason to c-bet vs particular villain/-s on particular boards, taking into account stack sizes, positions, metagame. If there are no reasons, i just check.
-Not stacking off too light pre-flop, although probably sometimes being too nitty.
-Practicing bluff-inducing from villains, when i am certain i am slightly behind or way ahead and river cards cant hurt me much.
-Not paying off big river shoves, in the same time bluff-catching better.
-ICM tools are great for SNG games, also having a look at push charts almost daily.

Didnt read lol

Will attend Flixx training class and dive into grind, i have big plans for this weekend, but do not want to post before they come true, good luck at the tables.

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 02:53 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2013
Good luck crazYJohnnie

I shall be following.

Cheers,

Matt

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com