Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The hot $0.55

Old
The hot $0.55 - Fri Mar 28, 2014, 04:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
Early days in this tournament so no real read on the villain.

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 05:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi xTrey815!

With JJ, when it folds to me, I need to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (240). I do not want to open-limp if it folds to me. If someone limps in front of me, I can limp hands behind, but not open-limp.

I then get a call and a raise from the BB to 320. Due to my stack size, calling here is not an option. If I want to call to setmine, I need to have 15X the bet in both my stack and the opp's stack and I don't have that much. Due to this, I need to shove or fold. If the opp is loose, I'll shove. If the opp is tight, then I'll fold.

If I saw the flop with chips left (which I would not), when the opp bets the flop with an overcard, I need to fold. It's 34.4% pot equity vs only 4% hand equity for my two outs.

The keys here are to raise initially, then shove or fold to the BB's raise.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 05:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2014
Thanks as always John, really no clue why i limped in with Js, and my post flop play was atrocious which i realised on the turn and saved what chips i did have left!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com