Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The hot $0.55

Old
The hot $0.55 - Fri Mar 28, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

just after the late reg has shut, fairly tight villain. For some reason he limps his Kings which makes me believe i'm ahead, so i shove and thats all she wrote. Did i play this wrong?

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 05:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
100% the correct play, just unlucky to run into a bigger hand there.

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 05:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2014
yeh kinda odd limping not that i see it going down any different either way if they pushed allin i doubt you was throwing away qqs, you can only play the cards your dealt its just bad luck when the have a bigger pair or even when they dont but hit trips or a flush all we can do is hope we will be the lucky ones next time

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
Nothing wrong with how you played this hand, this is just the sort of thing that happens in MTTs because you are often short-stacked and are involved in many preflop all-ins.

There is almost nothing that would stop me from moving all in preflop with a 10BB with QQ, it's such a strong hand to get in preflop. Occasionally you'll run into AA/KK, but that's life, you'll get may instances the other way where you have AA/KK and your opponent has QQ.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com