Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

235FPP Storm Sat ATs 3 handed

Old
235FPP Storm Sat ATs 3 handed - Fri Mar 28, 2014, 05:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Not much of a tournament or SnG player any more but I do play these games with my FPP's.

I'm unsure if this is a fist pump call because of the stack sizes. He can bust me with a shorter stack behind me.

I was pretty sure he was full of it, and that I was ahead, but in these things anything can happen.

OTOH, I am not safe either, the blinds jump quickly and I will be very short in no time. I have the chance to finish it (Pretty much) or bust.

Probably more of a situation analysis rather than a hand analysis but just wondering if this was good or horrible?

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 06:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
how many get seats? Please advise, as this is info I'll need for doing an ICM calc on it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 10:11 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
how many get seats? Please advise, as this is info I'll need for doing an ICM calc on it.

John (JWK24)
Hi john,

2 seats, which is why I was very unsure. This is the seat or busto.

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 11:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi bhoylegend!

This one surprised me when I put it in. The SB here should push ATC (that part didn't surprise me much). What did is the call range. ICM says that I should only call with TT+, not a single unpaired hand. I was expecting to see a range somewhat near 88+ AJ+, but not so.
It lists ATs here as a -4.19% EV play to call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 02:01 AM
(#5)
Yikes,

Knew I was meant to be calling tight but didn't realise that it was that tight. I still feel ok about the call as the guy shoved on me any time it got to him unopened (As he should) so I knew with ATs I was way ahead of his range unless it became a cooler situation.

FWIW, he shoved with Q5o, so the read (As much a read as you can get or need in these) that he was just blindly shoving was correct.

I got the ticket, I'm sure that guy isnt happy as it was at his expense and I didnt do the dutiful big stack job of getting out of the way of his shove.

Thanks John

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com