Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6max - In sb QQ facing hj raise and 2 over calls, squeeze big - OMG

Old
25NL 6max - In sb QQ facing hj raise and 2 over calls, squeeze big - OMG - Sat Mar 29, 2014, 03:17 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Just another strange zoom one. No reads / hud never seen player before. I have QQ in sb facing a raise and two over calls.

Need to squeeze this up a bit!

1) what do you think about the raise size?

OMG now I get just about a click back.

2) would you call or stack off now?

My post flop play is horrible but - I lose to AA/KK and unlikely 99- considering pre flop action.

So only AKhh or JJ/TT calls a 2 flush 9 high flop? Well who knows and quite surprised at the showdown.

One of those you are happy to win.

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 03:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
If you are going to flat and then just open shove on any non-Ace/King high flop then I would just go with it pre to be honest.

I don't like the open shove on the flop. I think we normally only get called by better, we obviously didnt here, I assume it was AKh or something like that, or random spew but I just think that line will often lead us to value owning ourselves.

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 06:08 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
I agree with bhoy if you're going to play it you can just get it in pre flop you don't have a stack big enough to set mine, so either you give him AA or KK and fold, or just get it in now. Unless you are planning a stop n go play. I guess you might be able to get KK to fold if an A hits the flop with a stop n go play, but I really don't think this is a good spot for that.

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

The preflop sizing is a bit heavy handed but I don't mind it OOP. Still I would make this more like 2.85.

His 4-b sizing is nice. Once I 3b this large I'm not generally folding QQ, so the plan when we make this large 3b, for me, is to stack it off. If he decides to fold any light 4-bets, that's fine, the pot is big already. If he decides he's priced in that's fine as well, we get stacks in good. Calling pre is, I think, a bad option because you're leaving yourself susceptible to A) being drawn out on by his lighter action and B) being bluffed out of A or K high flops. Since QQ should have enough preflop equity to go with pre given the pot size, no reason to open up those doors imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com