Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 6max Zoom - AA 3bet pot, CB vs raise all in

Old
Question
NL10 6max Zoom - AA 3bet pot, CB vs raise all in - Sat Mar 29, 2014, 11:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $4.52 (45.2 bb)
Hero (SB): $10.05 (100.5 bb)
BB: $10.68 (106.8 bb)
UTG: $13.34 (133.4 bb)
MP: $10 (100 bb)
CO: $21.05 (210.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.90, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($3) 9 4 Q (3 players)
Hero bets $2, BB folds, CO raises to $20.05 and is all-in, Hero?

This hand is from NL10 6max Zoom.

BB stats
VPIP: 39, PFR: 18, AGG: 8.0, HANDS: 30

CO stats
VPIP: 27, PFR: 27, AGG: 4.0, HANDS: 15, F3B: 0(2)
He was playing 4 zoom tables at that moment.

Preflop: It is a standart 3bet with AA from SB, BB calls and CO decides to call after taking a long pause.

Flop: Standart CBet, BB folds and CO jams all in. What is your play here? Is it an easy fold or call?

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 11:30 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
Small sample size, but player seems pretty aggro, if you just give him sets and KK its a fold, but if you add in all his top pair hands like QJs+ and KQo, AQo+ it becomes a call. If you add in his bluffs its a call. I personally would probably call here. To me it looks pretty bluffy, why over bet so big with sets or KK when he thinks he is ahead, there are not too many draws here JT has an eosd but that is about it. Your line really doesn't have JT in it so what is he betting so big for?

I am just going buy how I would play a set here, if I put you on a strong range like an over pair I would just call your c bet and let you value bet with worse again, then maybe shove river if you shut down. I don't think I would give you a chance to fold by shoving flop with my stronger hands.

Actually I made a mistake thinking you were both $20 deep. I ran it again just giving him QQ 99 44 and KK, and your aces have enough equity to call if I am doing this correctly.

I got the results that vs 44 99 QQ and KK you need 36.5% equity to call and your aces have 41.33% equity.

Last edited by FireMedic815; Sat Mar 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: error added a line

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 01:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
If he limped pre which I'm assuming he did. Would he do that with aq kk qq? If not what would you put him on? 99 44 q9? I think with any of those hands he would be willing to see the flop but not want to raise pre. Then take into consideration that you raised pre then c-bet the flop. I can't see him shoving all-in unless he knows or believes he has you beat. I guess I would fold just because of the pre-flop limp and the post-flop all-in re-raise to your c-bet. Hard to say though tough spot.

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 03:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Imo,

With an SPR of 3 I'm comfortable stacking AA here. He can certainly have sets, but we can't rule out KK, big Q's, JT, or some semi-bluff gutters like KJs. I mean maybe we can make arguments to rule some of that stuff out, but I'm not sure which ones and I don't think it's enough to dissuade me from calling here.

@lil_qp, villain didn't limp in preflop, he raise/called.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com