Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

pp battle

Old
pp battle - Sat Mar 29, 2014, 11:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
aa 22 1010 qq and the winner is

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 11:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
When you think of such hands, it's handy to plug these numbers into an odds calculator:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/Oddscalc

TT 15%
QQ 17%
AA 54%
22 13%

While 22 should never have been in the hand, it's interesting to note that while AA is 54% to win, he's also 46% to lose. This is why you should raise and isolate with your premiums at every chance. Looking at the hand, the only player to make the mistake was 22 and although he flopped a set, he still didn't win.

I've seen hands like this before, I had one in a live game where I shoved AKs under the gun and was called by AA, KK, QQ and 99 (who won). Unlucky but hands like this do happen, you were just unlucky to be on the receiving end.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 05:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2014
yeh a lot of this seems to happen to me just not so many in it usually

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 06:18 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
[QUOTE=Ovalman;503157]When you think of such hands, it's handy to plug these numbers into an odds calculator:

While 22 should never have been in the hand, it's interesting to note that while AA is 54% to win, he's also 46% to lose. This is why you should raise and isolate with your premiums at every chance. Looking at the hand, the only player to make the mistake was 22 and although he flopped a set, he still didn't win.

I think TT made a mistake by effectively shoving 47bbs I think he could have raised normal planning to call the short stack shoves.

Old
Sat Mar 29, 2014, 06:38 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkkilla76 View Post
yeh a lot of this seems to happen to me just not so many in it usually
In this example You didn't do anything wrong at all just a bit unlucky both to run into AA and to have the two players you had in bad shape hit their sets.

I think the important thing is to not get upset when things don't go your way. If you get emotional you will just play bad.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com