Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max AcKd what do you do on the river ?

Old
2NL 6-max AcKd what do you do on the river ? - Sun Mar 30, 2014, 07:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Villain_3 VPIP 62 PF 17 AF 4 (5/8/2) 68 hands

One additional stack, that might be interesting. Villain_3 has 3-bet PF of 10
Would you call or flop.....
(I like the mind games)

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 08:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
This is a deep stack situation. I would not 4bet with AK here because getting it in with >150bbs with just Ace high will probably not yield a profit. Though the villain is a weak opponent playing 62/17, they seem to play their top 6-7% aggressively. And we want to keep their AQ/AJ hands in and not flip with QQ-TT for 150bbs. Also a note on the 4bet sizing, I would go for a rule of thumb of 22bbs or 2 x their 3bet + 2bbs + 1bb when OOP. So if I had AA/KK here I would make it 0.3$, we can raise to a bigger size against a weaker opponent and especially when deep. So the rule of thumb applies to when we are 100bb effective and have a 4bet bluff range actually. I'm not sure why you check the turn and make life hard on yourself. I want to bet 3 streets for value with TPTK against a weak opponent and we can get away when they raise us.

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 10:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Thank you.
So if I understand correctly, this should always be a call, even from the shove ?
Why did I check the turn, two reasons
1. there is a tendency for those players to attack any sign of weakness. I mean that if I bet I will fold a lot of their mediocre hands out and loose value. DO correct me if I am wrong
2. some measure of pot control as you said, this is deep stack and going all in with only one pair does feel uncomfortable

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com