Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2$NL 6-max KhKd What do you do on villain's shove ?

Old
2$NL 6-max KhKd What do you do on villain's shove ? - Sun Mar 30, 2014, 07:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Villain_1 VPIP 61 PF 8 AF 2 (2/1/5) 81 hands

How do you deal with a super loose player....
Do you call this shove ? How high do you have to estimate his bluff percentage in a spot like this ?

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 07:43 AM
(#2)
first of all, u giving him incredible awsum odds to just call and hit better hand cheaply.... so he most likely did hid his flush or 6... so easy fold given that he jams 1.20 into 60c pot ... only hands u beat are Qx or some 88 99....

so u should bet 30c or 34c into pot of 34c 3-way, u are most likely best hand here, though against 2 flats sometimes u wouldnt...anyway.....if u potbet u will most often get atleast one call on such wet board 46 gives some straight oportunities, theres flush draws,, and also some A6 hands...

but still even if u potbet and the turn completes flush and also twips... then it can be a fold vs. 2NL calling stations which dont make agression without atleast twopairs...
i guess pot will be around 90c then and he will jam 1$... so thats kindof close , but i think it would be best to fold... if u had KK with then u ofc can call even that 1$ jam into 90c.. but it still would be fold if he jam 1.20 into 60c.

so basically in 2NL most often u must fold if they bet at you back, because they gonna have atleast 2pairs
especially in zoom....
in reg tables... if u make few bluffs and tilt someone and they might start to give u action even with shit hands, or hands that u beat , etc ... then itz whole different story

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 07:47 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 07:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi betsizer,

I think there is a better way to play this hand against a weak opponent of 61/8.
First I would raise larger preflop. Make it 0.12 to go.
Bet flop bigger, bet/fold turn, and plan to get the rest in on non clubs if they just call our turn bet. We are betting for value against all his Qx hands.

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 10:37 AM
(#4)
thank you for that
yeah I'm having such a period again that I loose a lot of big pots and all people seem to suckout against me
But reading your comments, perhaps I am calling this onto myself
I see my betsize was completely off. Normally I would bet near pot against 2 opponents.
So if I am doing that in a lot of spots, it might just explain why I have so many bad beats lately (and this one I don't consider bad , btw, I did fold the hand)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com