Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6m zoom - - JJ 3bet op CO

Old
5NL 6m zoom - - JJ 3bet op CO - Sun Mar 30, 2014, 08:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Is this call or 3bet?

Villain: (27) 24/20/0, AF:1.3, fold 3b 1/1

If he calls I assume we are flipping, if he 4bets/shoves I assume I'm underdog. But the general opinion is that he might be quite light here. However, if we call utg will mostly join in and OOP with JJ is pain.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($3.33)
SB ($5.22)
Hero (BB) ($6.97)
UTG ($4.31)
MP ($5.12)
CO ($7.36)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 10:47 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
With such a small sample size, I don't think we can put too much merit in his stats.

Vs a steal pos. open I think the 3 bet is fine. The question comes if he 4 bets do we feel JJ is good enough to go with. This being zoom I think its close if he 4 bets. I hate flatting a 4 bet oop with JJ and I don't like raising much, so I guess I would fold unless I had more information on the player.

Last edited by FireMedic815; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 11:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
It's ok. I'd 3b as a default.

There's merits to calling to keep the fish in the pot though.

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 04:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I think both 3Betting and calling are decent plays here.

If you feel like the villain plays badly postflop or is just nitty and won't ever give you value if you 3Bet JJ, then just call. Against looser villains, you can 3Bet for value.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#5)
Ok, ty!

Just to be sure, correct if I’m wrong.
Main points:

1. Even if OOP if he folds all non-value hands calling is better - > this is interesting because he will C most of the time (5NL) AK and AQ where we have 70% on the flop.
2. Call if we thing we have edge, against fish we most likely have at least a bit.
3. 3b is standard, probably because we are OOP
4. Folding is ok to 4b

Last edited by braveslice; Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 12:55 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 07:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveslice View Post
Ok, ty!

Just to be sure, correct if I’m wrong.
Main points:

1. Even if OOP if he folds all non-value hands calling is better - > this is interesting because he will C most of the time (5NL) AK and AQ where we have 70% on the flop.
2. Call if we thing we have edge, against fish we most likely have at least a bit.
3. 3b is standard, probably because we are OOP
4. Folding is ok to 4b
not to be rude i would prefer for your case to not 3bet JJ cuz JJ is so hard hand to play w/o hitting set and u need to read board and vilain perfectly, but most of the time a lot of players will end up loosing with dis hand... but w/e its just my opinion even i find myself hard to play JJ sometimes...
its hard to maintain JJ as overpair and even if it is so board is like T 6 8 7 5 and dat sux horribly for us anyway... and if Q/K/A comes then it sux same

+ villains in micro stakes doesnt 3bet/4bet much without AA/KK/QQ/AK.... its more of higher stakes play where they 3bet more often even without those hands....

so in any case i would prefer calling in microstakes

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 09:02 AM
(#7)
Naruto this guy completely disagrees with you that JJ is hard to play, you should see his video about how to play it

"Daniel Negreanu says it hard to play pocket jacks. I completely disagree and I made this video to prove him wrong. Playing pocket Jacks requires just a little more observation, patience, and odds knowledge. Once you have watched this video you will be able to play JJ confidently and assured of making it a very profitable hand for you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9CBtSW0kA

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com