Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Oval's Flippadonk Journey on Full Tilt

Old
Oval's Flippadonk Journey on Full Tilt - Sun Mar 30, 2014, 10:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
HOLD!!!!

New challenge set to get to the Pokerstars VIP Live

HOLD!!!!

Thought I'd track my progress in these as HEM isn't recording the Flippament stages, just final tables. I transferred $25 from Stars but I admit I got lucky in one $2 flippaments and my balance is $54.56.

Bankroll management allows me to play the 55c tourneys but I can also take shots at $2, I'll do so for every $6 profit above $50. I may also play MTTs in this format but only with profits above $50. You need a deeper bankroll for these but only to get past the flippament stages. 100 Buy in's is more than enough, if I drop below $35 then I'm finished with these and I'll withdraw back to Pokerstars with $10 profit. I will always double entry as it takes a while for these games to fill and final tables are even rarer.

These are basically STTs so suit a STT player. Making top 3 is my main aim as if I consistently do so I should end up in profit long term. I'm finding many whales in these games as the flippament stages suit these players but the final tables suit me.

Balance:$62

Things aren't tallying up, main thing to follow is my balance. *Edit, just realised why it isn't tallying, I'm registered for another 7 games

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Mon Apr 14, 2014 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: updates

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#2)
Won both of my 2nd tables, 1 entry was booted out and I win $1.10 while my 2nd entry is playing but starts the final table with a double stack. First time this has happened to me. A few whales identified already and we're only 3 hands in, one shoved KJo on the button and hit as usual against someone that snapped off his shove with AKo

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 12:29 PM
(#3)
I won the tourney - I did say the hardest part is the luck element. Had a whale that hit everything but he also KO'd a lot of players. 4 handed I had me, a LAG, a whales and a rock. Me and the whale had similar stacks, I raised TT he called KQo, I flopped a set and he chased (and hit) a straight but I had already hit my full house and KO'd him. I was able to bully the other 2, the LAG tightened up and blinded himself out while the rock was just happy to ladder another space.

Just need more final tables. I played a MTT in this form and bought in 3 times. Didn't get past the flip stages so that was a hard hit with my bankroll.

Just reached another final table for a 55c flip. This will be my last of the night.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 12:40 PM
(#4)
And another final table so that's 2 atm. I've unregistered from all games and these will be my last of tonight as I want to play elsewhere . Balance is $58.91 and 2 games playing.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 01:00 PM
(#5)
Finished 8th on one table, raised AKo, flop came KTx I bet hard (as I always do) turn came a 9 but I made a bad call to his 3bet shove on the turn as I knew I was crushed, he had QTo. It shows the standard though, he hit his 8 outer but he was chasing without odds. My mistake on turn though. Still playing my last for tonight, down to 6 handed.

I'm on a break in this tourney but it's the first break I've had? Strange.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#6)
Finished 2nd 44 v AQo to finish the day on $68.21. I think that's a decent ROI for the day.

I like it that it's a mixed bunch at the final tables, there is plenty of regs in these but like Pokerstars there are good and bad regs. There's probably quite a few decent regs that I haven't faced but the luck element means I won't face them at every table.

I've been lucky regards final tables but when I get there I'm usually clinical.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 04:16 PM
(#7)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 04:21 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Finished 2nd 44 v AQo to finish the day on $68.21. I think that's a decent ROI for the day.

Sounds like you've really found a niche there for yourself Ovalman - some really nice profits there, congrats!!

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 03:06 PM
(#9)
Thanks Sam, yes I'm enjoying the final tables but the flippadonks stage does my head in - I tend not to watch.

Just played 7 games (14 entries) only 1 final table in which I came 3rd. Messed up 3 handed as I had a whale to my left and a reg to my right. Whale gave bet sizing tells, he bet more chips when stronger but I called one of his smaller raises with A7o - 3betting was no good, his fold to steal stats were very low and I was too deep to shove. I flopped middle pair but I couldn't let it go, he had top pair but I was pretty deep to really go broke in the hand so it was my mistake. OK with my flat call but my flop play was bad.

I have a new focus for these, I want a Windows 8 tablet at £250 ($400) so I'll use these games to get my tablet.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 03:10 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2012
gl ovalman.. i will be following with interest

havnt done the maths yet but in the long run do you need to be finishing at least top 3 in these sng flippaments

keep it up nice work

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 04:43 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666bonez187 View Post
gl ovalman.. i will be following with interest

havnt done the maths yet but in the long run do you need to be finishing at least top 3 in these sng flippaments

keep it up nice work
Only as an average but I think I'll get a lot more 1st places than I do in a normal STT. This is because normal STTs are reg infested and your fighting over the top spots. These have a pot pouri of players, some good and a lot bad, I think it's a lot easier to finish high up the cash in each game just by playing a TAG STT strategy.

I don't think many of my opponents have worked out what's needed in these. The games can last over 2 hours but there's always 2 or 3 players gone in the first 5 minutes. You can be patient and just wait on the right spots. The 55c games are also the equivalent to a $4.95 buy in but the standard is far from the $5 level on other site's.

Just played another 6 games (12 entries) with 3 final tables, I'm running above +EV in the flippament stages but I'm sure that will even itself out over time. 6th, 5th and 4th getting donked a lot, frustrating when any 2 suited cards are the stone cold nuts for some

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#12)
Actually I'm running about average for final tables, I'm double rebuying in every game so for to reach 7 final tables I should have spent 63 buy ins, I've spent 58.

That's me finished for tonight, can't say I played well and made quite a few costly mistakes. The LAGs and whales always seemed to hit against me so maybe a bit of run-good would help as well.

Esit, rather than creating a new post, I played 1 more tournament (2 buy ins) and failed to qualify. I've updated my O/P to reflect this.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: added edit

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 01:08 PM
(#13)
I didn't play these for a few days but came back the other day. Having a bit of success and balance is now $83.85.

Lost track of the number of games I've played and final tables reached. I could go through my hand histories on Full Tilt to find out but for me that's too much work. Instead I'll just rely on Sharkscope tracking all my games and go by my balance.

My latest blog when published gives a run down of these tournament types. I can only shot take at $2 games atm but when I get a few more buy ins I'll move there exclusively and drop when my balance goes below a certain level.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 01:14 PM
(#14)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 04:05 PM
(#15)
I finished the day on $88.91, I'd a good run of luck late on to secure a few final tables. I also played (with no luck) $2 games which hit my balance hard and dropped my ROI which stands at 91% in 121 When I do get established at $2 I expect my fair share of luck so I'm not bothered about losing.

Think I've found a nice niche in these. $2 games start every 30 minutes so I can throw them into the mix now along with 55c games, just keeping a close eye on my balance.

Edit, I've hidden my username (it's not Ovalman) although I don't think I'd be too hard to find

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Sun Apr 06, 2014 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: added edit

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 03:52 PM
(#16)
Played a load today but not too many final tables, I reached the cash and then a final table of a MTT Flippadonk and then suffered 2 brutal hands to go out in 8th, first was a gutshot hit against me followed by QQ v A5s who flopped a FH (typical). I was pretty comfortable until then but it shows the standard in these. Players are shoving 40 and 50BBs with a raggy A, the majority simply don't have a clue.

The good news is it's easy money but the bad news is the brutal beats they inflict upon you. I just finished a game Heads Up against a calling station who never raised a hand EVER the whole game and then heads up he shoved every single hand. He caught me twice with hands like 73o but I clawed back both times and won the tourney.

It's a pity the higher levels aren't filling, I said a $2 starts every 30 minutes but in reality it's every 2/3 hours. Good thing is the MTTs are popular with numbers in the hundreds, if I play these long enough I'm sure to win one.

I've hit the $90 mark but it could have been so much better. I think the flippament stages have evened themselves out and with a bit of luck tonight I could have made the hundred.

Balance is now $92.13, only a $4 profit from yesterday but I'm happy with my play.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 05:17 PM
(#17)
8 losses (16 buy ins) before my only final table tonight. Then I ran QQ into AA for a 7th place finish. I sort of knew he had AA and I just called his 3 bet pre flop but his 3 bet stat was 19% over a small sample, the flop was undercards, he shoved and I called. He wasn't overly laggy and we were both early position so I think I made the mistake. As I said your very deep in these and there would have been other spots to pick him off.

Gotta finish deep in these

Balance down to $82.78

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 03:03 PM
(#18)
I've given up on this challenge, I failed to win a FT in my last 37 entries

Balance dropped to $61 which I transferred back to Pokerstars. I still ended up with a $37 net profit but it's just so demoralising losing so many entries when you have no control.

I've switched to $1.50 45 Man SnGs again and I'm absolutely crushing:

Link http://i62.tinypic.com/25gw2hd.png

Hit one Golden SnG but failed to cash KKvAA. That's my first one ever.

I plan to go to the Isle of Man VIP Live, as yet there is no date but to do so I'll have to hit Silver Star. That's my new challenge

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com