Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

54s never let me down! 5nl zoom

Old
54s never let me down! 5nl zoom - Sun Mar 30, 2014, 11:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013

just curious if also from long distance i made +EV play D: lulz
especially if i called OK preflop , OTF its snapcall

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 04:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Opening 54s preflop is on the looser side, but it's OK. Calling the squeeze is pretty marginal given the stack sizes, I'd prefer it if you were 200BB+ or deeper.

As played the flop is a clear fold - you're drawing to four outs and aren't getting any kind of sensible pot or implied odds to call this with. If your plan was to float to barrel turn and river if he checked back to you, that seems unduly risky against an unknown villain in the 5NL pool. If you knew you were up against a villain who was capable of folding KK/QQ, then this might be a better line to take, but you never take notes on villains...

Of course you hit gin on the turn and I like the shove, no reason to do anything else really.

Old
Sun Mar 30, 2014, 05:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL do you like to play pocket pairs too? Aren't they great for getting stacks in versus TPTK hands like AQ?

Making a set on the flop might not be quite as exciting as hitting a 4-outer on the turn But pocket pairs are sure cheaper to play, aren't they?

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Mar 30, 2014 at 05:08 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 01:04 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
GL do you like to play pocket pairs too? Aren't they great for getting stacks in versus TPTK hands like AQ?

Making a set on the flop might not be quite as exciting as hitting a 4-outer on the turn But pocket pairs are sure cheaper to play, aren't they?
no i play my pocketpairs pretty tight lulz, btw i see u nonstop playing that 10NL zoom... can u provide me here with your february/march 10nlzoom graph of winnings?

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 01:01 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
GL, you mean to tell me you haven't been reading my 9-page (and counting, because it's only March ) Challenge thread??

In addition to monthly graphs, it's got all sorts of stuff - cute pics of animals, celebrity gossip, shopping tips, arts and crafts, weather updates, recipes ideas ... and some poker strategy mixed in My graphs are all posted there when they're ready - am still working on March, but January and February are up

Now you have to show us yours! When I was first getting started, one of the things that motivated me to stop playing some of these more speculative hands in exciting - but costly - ways, was having someone urge me to keep better records of my play (19Honu62). Like when I could see how much certain strategies were working or not working in the long-run, some of them started to seem better than others, and stuff?

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 04:38 PM
(#6)
Quote:
GL, you mean to tell me you haven't been reading my 9-page (and counting, because it's only March ) Challenge thread??

In addition to monthly graphs, it's got all sorts of stuff - cute pics of animals, celebrity gossip, shopping tips, arts and crafts, weather updates, recipes ideas ... and some poker strategy mixed in My graphs are all posted there when they're ready - am still working on March, but January and February are up

Now you have to show us yours! When I was first getting started, one of the things that motivated me to stop playing some of these more speculative hands in exciting - but costly - ways, was having someone urge me to keep better records of my play (19Honu62). Like when I could see how much certain strategies were working or not working in the long-run, some of them started to seem better than others, and stuff?

nope i didnt read it , just now did

my DB was destroyed so i have hands only by start of february
played 2NL long time till few days ago ... climbed from the hole (though i like holes) LULZ
i started to climb when i changed from zoom to reg

-------------------------------

and now i played a bit of 5NL mainly zoom.. but i wont play zoom... only reg i want

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 04:58 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 05:00 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Now you have to show us yours!
Naughty you!

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 05:17 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
GL lol ...

There's a smiley for everything it seems - here's you raking in the chips ! ->

Sometimes it can be harder to turn a profit in Zoom, when you can't table select, and don't always have the chance to develop as deep reads on the unknowns - so I'd be shocked if anyone was able to indulge in the occasional risky play for fun and still turn a profit over a big sample of hands, which is why I asked.

Am really happy to hear your making lots of $ GL!! You're very capable, so maybe at the regular tables you'll have the chance to have your cake and eat it too

Nice graphs!! Thanks for sharing

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 04:46 AM
(#9)
Quote:
GL lol ...

There's a smiley for everything it seems - here's you raking in the chips ! ->

Sometimes it can be harder to turn a profit in Zoom, when you can't table select, and don't always have the chance to develop as deep reads on the unknowns - so I'd be shocked if anyone was able to indulge in the occasional risky play for fun and still turn a profit over a big sample of hands, which is why I asked.

Am really happy to hear your making lots of $ GL!! You're very capable, so maybe at the regular tables you'll have the chance to have your cake and eat it too

Nice graphs!! Thanks for sharing
even in zoom u gonna make moar money with 54s than with AJo/AJs

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com