Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Decent draw oop.

Old
Decent draw oop. - Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:07 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I have no reads on this player other than they flat called in pos.

I flop pretty decent and decide to c bet and I get raised. How would you proceed with this hand call and see a turn or 3 bet?

This is basically a test since its been awhile since I posted a hand. This is also play chips since the site I play at for real money doesn't support tracking software. At this level in play chips I think it plays like 2nl and 5nl real money.

I really want to participate more, but if you guys don't want to see play chip hands I will refrain from posting them.

Last edited by FireMedic815; Mon Mar 31, 2014 at 02:15 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
How do these games play?

Do people treat them as real money?

If so, then I think calling is the best option, we have a lot of outs unless villain is siting with the nut flush draw. Any heart or J should be good for us.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:18 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
How do these games play?

If so, then I think calling is the best option, we have a lot of outs unless villain is siting with the nut flush draw. Any heart or J should be good for us.
yeah bhoy this plays like 2nl 5nl I edited the post to include that. I really just did this as a test to see if you guys want to see play chip hands. If so I will share more.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Yup, just call and give the control over to the raiser. I actually don't like opening KTs from UTG. It's one of the biggest trouble hand IMO. I don't open KTs and KTo until the CO.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2012
Quote:
i wrote a big reply and went back to look over the hand... and saw your comment and realized is this play money? thought it was a tourney....

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:27 PM
(#6)
I guess I can post hands from bovada in a text format if you guys just want real money games, but I will never have any reads on the players because they don't have screen names and notes don't carry over.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic815 View Post
I guess I can post hands from bovada in a text format if you guys just want real money games, but I will never have any reads on the players because they don't have screen names and notes don't carry over.
If the play money games you are playing play like real money then I think you are fine to post them.

I think you can post hands from other sites here, especially given the current situation with the US legislation, but you'd need to use a HH convertor like Flop/Turn/River has.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 03:22 PM
(#8)
Quote:
If the play money games you are playing play like real money then I think you are fine to post them.

I think you can post hands from other sites here, especially given the current situation with the US legislation, but you'd need to use a HH convertor like Flop/Turn/River has.
when I play zone poker at 5nl for real money, I usually open a zoom poker play chip table at this level and I don't see much difference in the play. I can probably convert the play chips to real money with blinds at the 5nl level and I doubt anybody would be able to tell the difference.

This hand was just a random hand I picked to see if I remembered how to post a hand here.

Let me review my hands and put some better spots in here and if you guys don't think it plays the same I will stop posting until I get an account at a real money site that supports tracking software.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 03:23 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey guys,

I would just move it in here... we have enough hand equity (maybe as many as 15 outs and he could sometimes hold a worse FD or JT) and fold equity (he could raise to "see where he's at" planning to fold) to make it fine.

Plus our hand has too much equity to fold, and I don't like calling and giving him the lead, as the cards that get us there may be hard to get paid on OOP, while the blanks we could face a turn bet that prices us out with 1 card to come.

Shove > call >> fold imo

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 06:41 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hey guys,

I would just move it in here... we have enough hand equity (maybe as many as 15 outs and he could sometimes hold a worse FD or JT) and fold equity (he could raise to "see where he's at" planning to fold) to make it fine.

Plus our hand has too much equity to fold, and I don't like calling and giving him the lead, as the cards that get us there may be hard to get paid on OOP, while the blanks we could face a turn bet that prices us out with 1 card to come.

Shove > call >> fold imo
Thank you Dave, that was pretty much my line of thinking in the hand, here is how it played out.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 10:06 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
Yup, just call and give the control over to the raiser. I actually don't like opening KTs from UTG. It's one of the biggest trouble hand IMO. I don't open KTs and KTo until the CO.
I would agree KTs is a fold utg in a full ring game. It is the bottom of my Kx range in 6 max, I would fold KTo and K9s. I open lighter than KTs with other hands for example I might throw a couple 56s in my utg open range, but not a lot I mostly save those hands for later positions in multiway pots. I think its ok to do it now and then.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 10:25 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
I actually don't like opening KTs from UTG. It's one of the biggest trouble hand IMO. I don't open KTs and KTo until the CO.
I used to be similar (nit!), but nowadays I open K9s, QTs, J9s and T9s UTG at 6m. KTs is a standard open for me. To reduce "trouble", I usually check-call when I make top pair, in order to keep the pot small and induce bluffs or value-bets from worse. These "trouble" hands are barely better than break-even UTG for me, but they help to balance my range. To be honest, I lose more money with AJo and ATo UTG than suited Broadways. Offsuit aces are much more troublesome imo.

As for the hand in question, with a combo draw that strong, I'm stacking off on the flop. Well played Medic!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:19 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I used to be similar (nit!), but nowadays I open K9s, QTs, J9s and T9s UTG at 6m. KTs is a standard open for me. To reduce "trouble", I usually check-call when I make top pair, in order to keep the pot small and induce bluffs or value-bets from worse. These "trouble" hands are barely better than break-even UTG for me, but they help to balance my range. To be honest, I lose more money with AJo and ATo UTG than suited Broadways. Offsuit aces are much more troublesome imo.

As for the hand in question, with a combo draw that strong, I'm stacking off on the flop. Well played Medic!
I have had trouble with K9s I get the dummy end of the straights, at least with KT you usually have a draw to a chop lol. I open all my suited broadways pretty much any pp, though sometimes I fold 55 and under if there is a couple aggro players behind and I feel the pot will be 3 and maybe 4 bet. I like to throw in some small suited connectors now and then.

I wouldn't open that wide in the lower play chip zoom tables but up here it plays pretty good.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com