Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

top two, 5nl reg

Old
top two, 5nl reg - Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
what a trappy board
once the sandwiched villain called his allin... i knew he has set... but i was beating so much...

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'd fold pre-flop both times I had the chance to.

Given we didn't flop two pair or a straight, I am folding to the cbet.

On the turn, we have improved, and given that villain 3 has shoved and villain 2 has called we can fold again and save money.

I honestly think this was played wrong on every street, twice on the flop.

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 02:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2012
this is what happens when u call 3 bets light u can get into bad spots if you cant make the big lay downs...

once player 4 calls the all in i think the hand is over for us... im not too worried about player 3... they look to have JJ+ here,

i think that any hand that player 4 would call with here that you would beat they more than likely would of 4 bet pre... so i think in the long run this is a losing call, even though at times you could find yourself ahead... hope that makes sense, it did in my head lol

im still learning too so dont take my thoughts as golden

gl at the tables

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 03:44 PM
(#4)
y pretty much... wasnt afraid of pplayer3 cuz i dont thing he haz 99/88/22. ...
i was afraid of villain4 and still was beating a lot of random spewy calling stations which will have here K9s... etc... but yes, it looked like set...

Old
Mon Mar 31, 2014, 03:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
I think pre isn't all that bad (for a loose player). 89s is a pretty good hand multiway and the action stops with you so you are seeing a flop multiway IP for 40cent in a pot of $1.30.

Trouble comes with the flop. Hands like 89 are good starting hands because they are easy foldable if you don't hit big. This flop is no way near "a big hit" so simply fold it.

OTR you could have called player3, but once player4 calls, your hand is never good so this is an easy fold imo.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
fold pre

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 03:20 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi NaturoSasuki!

Preflop, I would suggest being careful about calling from ep with weakish suited connectors. With so many people left to act, we often get squeezed as happened here. I think folding preflop is best. As played, calling the 3b is questionable. It can be playable if you have solid reads on the villains though.

It looks like you forgot your gameplan on the flop. You started with a speculative hand. Plan A was to flop a strong draw. You didn't, but got top pair instead. It is easy to get seduced into overplaying our hand in these spots, but we need to be careful. With top two pair on the turn, you may be ahead of overpairs that V3 is shoving with. As you point out, V4 calling behind looks like a set. I think we need to fold here as it is unlikely we are beating both opponents.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 04:35 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Hi NaturoSasuki!

Preflop, I would suggest being careful about calling from ep with weakish suited connectors. With so many people left to act, we often get squeezed as happened here. I think folding preflop is best. As played, calling the 3b is questionable. It can be playable if you have solid reads on the villains though.

It looks like you forgot your gameplan on the flop. You started with a speculative hand. Plan A was to flop a strong draw. You didn't, but got top pair instead. It is easy to get seduced into overplaying our hand in these spots, but we need to be careful. With top two pair on the turn, you may be ahead of overpairs that V3 is shoving with. As you point out, V4 calling behind looks like a set. I think we need to fold here as it is unlikely we are beating both opponents.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
my gameplan OTF was to hit next 9 or 8 OTT... which i did.... i will be dead anyway vs. set, so yeah, i should have played it only for draws so fold flop.. thx i just hoped that he haz A9 instead of set but to tell u truth nothing makes much of sense for him to hold that i beat... maybe TJ or TQ and A9 or K9

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Tue Apr 01, 2014 at 04:42 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com