Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Anyone interested in a group stake!!

Old
Anyone interested in a group stake!! - Tue Apr 01, 2014, 09:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Hey everyone I'm back after being asked to take a short break as a result of previous complications which I have tried correct my mistake and have taken my punishment

Anyhoo I was just wondering if anyone was up for possibly starting a small group stake that we can build up together, the more members the less variance overall.

A rough idea of what I would like is for each contributing member to contribute $5 into the group initially and we can try and build as much as we can

All members would have to be able to set aside a small amount of time or more depending on which games you play with your stake and how many each week, there will be no set buy-ins or amount of games. Each member is free to play with his/her stake as they please, obviously only playing 2 games rather than 8 games you risk losing your stake more than spreading as evenly as you can, And also once you have decided what you will spend your share on you must tell the group and not spend any more or less.

Once each member plays their games they will send the initial $5 plus 50% of their profits to an agreed trusted member that will hold the funds till everyone completes there games, So each person only gets 50% of profits as the other 50% goes into the group pot where the 50% gets split into two, which 25% gets added to our initial stake to help build it up and the other 25% will be evenly distributed to each member meaning that we all benefit.

This is just a rough idea of what I would like to participate in though, obviously I'm no math genius nor am I any good at laying out the plans and rules for such a venture but everyone who is interested can add little bits and help make a brighter picture than my dull attempts haha.

also I think it would be necessary for all members to meet up online once per week via here or skype or whatever to discuss strategies and go over some hand histories and just chat in general about how the stake is going and any improvements ect

Also this will be a tourney/SnG group only no cash!!

Let me know if your interested and whether anyone can draw up decent plans.

thanks steff

Last edited by luckyscotch2; Tue Apr 01, 2014 at 09:20 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
I dont really understand what are you implying here.
Say i play 20 0.5$ games with 5$ and win, say 7$ then 3.5$ goes to me and 1.75$ goes to pool, but 1.75$ goes to initial stake, what does that even mean?
So if someone makes profit and someone does not then we all might lose? Obv, we could also all win, it does reduce variance, but so does regular staking deal if u sell % of your action, so whats the purpose of this?
Cant we just make a group stake where everyone plays x amount of games then stakeback then split profits between involved?

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:34 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazYJohnnie View Post
I dont really understand what are you implying here.
Say i play 20 0.5$ games with 5$ and win, say 7$ then 3.5$ goes to me and 1.75$ goes to pool, but 1.75$ goes to initial stake, what does that even mean?
So if someone makes profit and someone does not then we all might lose? Obv, we could also all win, it does reduce variance, but so does regular staking deal if u sell % of your action, so whats the purpose of this?
Cant we just make a group stake where everyone plays x amount of games then stakeback then split profits between involved?
Nope so you play 20x games and win $7.00/ $5.00 is stake so that get returned back into the pot for you next week. and that leaves $2.00 profit which you get $1 and the other $1 gets split 50/50 one for the stake boost and the other goes into the player pool that will be distributed to all players yourself included and yes we could lose overall but like you said we could win with less variance and more players = more profit/loss.

And the difference with this and doing a stake is:

1. its a great way to get to know more people.

2. we will constantly be trying to increase the group bankroll as high as we can go

3. we will be able to review each others hand histories and talk strategy and stuff.

4. there will be extra motivation to do well to be able to post winning screenshots and seeing the br grow.

Plus it will be good fun and a great way to learn new things aswell as earning money.

The group that I got the idea off started with $5.00 each just a few months ago and are now playing each week with $50 each on games.

Ofcoarse there may be times when we will lose but If it is planned out right we should be able to ride it out.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#4)
Ahh, now i understand and yea its cool idea, so i will keep an eye on this thread, not 100% sure, but i could be in for this.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:43 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Ahh, now i understand and yea its cool idea, so i will keep an eye on this thread, not 100% sure, but i could be in for this.
cool cool we need a math genius and a great book keeper first though, cause I'm hopeless :p

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:52 AM
(#6)
Haha im deffo no math genius but can certainly help with bookkeeping

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:00 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Haha im deffo no math genius but can certainly help with bookkeeping
Sorted man if you do join and we get a group going you might aswell be banker and keep all funds considering you will be bookkeeper will make it easier for you

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:15 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2012
You got me thinking and excuse me if I have missed anything here but this would need boundries, i.e;

Time Limits - e.g. maybe Monthly Stakes to use throughout the month at whatever pace each person wants.

Deposit Limits, like you say we all start with the same amount invested and can choose to play whatever games at whatever limits we each wish...BUT and this is what I think would also make it more interesting..is that once your bankroll is gone, it's gone and if you failed to make any profit then you are excluded from the following weeks and do not get an overall share of the groups profits at the end of the month for example. SO, basically as the saying goes 'You are only as strong as your weakest link' and the ones that are still in by week four split the monthly profits based on the percentage overall that they have contributed and split the initial stake between them.

With regards to those that 'Bust out', then they will have to wait until next month to start all over again.

I think it would give it a bit of an edge and increase competition between each staker if you see what I'm saying?

..as I said, just a thought as you got me thinking. Also, how would we track each tourney, I guess there would have to be rules to alleviate cheating, i.e. you most post the tourney number BEFORE you start the game otherwise the game will be exempt. Also this may encourage group railing which is always good even if it does add a bit of pressure.

TC

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:30 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCalamity View Post
You got me thinking and excuse me if I have missed anything here but this would need boundries, i.e;

Time Limits - e.g. maybe Monthly Stakes to use throughout the month at whatever pace each person wants.

Deposit Limits, like you say we all start with the same amount invested and can choose to play whatever games at whatever limits we each wish...BUT and this is what I think would also make it more interesting..is that once your bankroll is gone, it's gone and if you failed to make any profit then you are excluded from the following weeks and do not get an overall share of the groups profits at the end of the month for example. SO, basically as the saying goes 'You are only as strong as your weakest link' and the ones that are still in by week four split the monthly profits based on the percentage overall that they have contributed and split the initial stake between them.

With regards to those that 'Bust out', then they will have to wait until next month to start all over again.

I think it would give it a bit of an edge and increase competition between each staker if you see what I'm saying?

..as I said, just a thought as you got me thinking. Also, how would we track each tourney, I guess there would have to be rules to alleviate cheating, i.e. you most post the tourney number BEFORE you start the game otherwise the game will be exempt. Also this may encourage group railing which is always good even if it does add a bit of pressure.

TC
HI TC,

I was planning on it being a weekly thing we start on a monday and we will al have til friday to complete the games giving the weekend for the guys to count up.

But thats a great idea for the start of this group that when you bust your full stake you will have to buy back in the next week right up until a point where we can afford as a group to subsidize the good players as it will become (hopefully) too expensive to rebuy after a few runs - but again there would need to be a limit as to what busting means? whether thats busting the full stake value as it would be unfair to cut people from the profits and the games if they were on a short downswing and were only down a few dollars as I guess the whole point of this is to rise up the stakes as a team each player being confident in their certain games thats why even if some players are at a loss they should get some profit put towards there next stake or something? ALso it will have to be a tough love kind of thing if a player consistently loses it will have to be a group vote to decide their future in the group myself included in this

again though these are all somethings that can be discussed at further lengths once we have a good group of folks.

Also we would use screenshots of tourney results and upload the tourney id's for us to rail each other

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:38 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyscotch2 View Post
HI TC,

I was planning on it being a weekly thing we start on a monday and we will al have til friday to complete the games giving the weekend for the guys to count up.

But thats a great idea for the start of this group that when you bust your full stake you will have to buy back in the next week right up until a point where we can afford as a group to subsidize the good players as it will become (hopefully) too expensive to rebuy after a few runs - but again there would need to be a limit as to what busting means? whether thats busting the full stake value as it would be unfair to cut people from the profits and the games if they were on a short downswing and were only down a few dollars as I guess the whole point of this is to rise up the stakes as a team each player being confident in their certain games thats why even if some players are at a loss they should get some profit put towards there next stake or something? ALso it will have to be a tough love kind of thing if a player consistently loses it will have to be a group vote to decide their future in the group myself included in this

again though these are all somethings that can be discussed at further lengths once we have a good group of folks.

Also we would use screenshots of tourney results and upload the tourney id's for us to rail each other
Good ideas in the making!

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:42 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Good ideas in the making!
Thats the great thing about it Were starting with a relatively small initial start-up and we can just enjoy it and see where we can take it ''Aim for the stars, Hit the roof!'' lol

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 01:53 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
This thread makes my eyes hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 01:56 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baud2death View Post

Don't look then

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 01:57 PM
(#14)
Quote:

Makes your eyes hurt? why haha.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 01:58 PM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Too complicated

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Too complicated
Lol its simple in my head:p but then I'm simple in the head haha.

I don't think I explain things in the best way tbh, I want to start a groups stake/bankroll each person puts and initial $5.

We then play the half of our initial bankroll per person which to start with will be $2.50 leaving us all with $2.50 to fall back on for the next weeks round should we all have losses and the more we earn as a team the more bankroll we start each round with.

at the end of each round/week we take the stake ($2.50) from the total of our individual winnings and count the profit. Then we split the profit 50/50 and the individual keeps 50% of the winnings and sends the other 50% to the banker, who will then split that remaining 50% half going to the group stake and half going to the player pool which will be distributed to all players once everyone has finished their games and they also have done this?

Does that make it a little clearer and all the rules and guidelines we can discuss before we start the group up

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:13 PM
(#17)
I think once it's on a formatted spreadsheet and someone volunteers to maintain it, it should look quite simple.

..Anyway, just throwing ideas around.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#18)
Quote:
I think once it's on a formatted spreadsheet and someone volunteers to maintain it, it should look quite simple.

..Anyway, just throwing ideas around.
Yes this is true

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:27 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**moved** as this would be the place to run a Co-Op

Brian

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 03:59 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 04:48 AM
(#20)
So now this is not closed, Brian?
I guess we still have to come up with structure of this.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com