Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl FR Zoom - AK 2pair

Old
5nl FR Zoom - AK 2pair - Tue Apr 01, 2014, 09:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Could you please analyse my hand below:

Too many villains entered the pot for my liking. Maybe on the flop I should have fired a pot sized bet, although I can't price them all out. Would anyone have bet the turn? Do you think that I could have been called by worse?

No stats on villains

I think I maade the right decision

The pot is 4.96 and villain shoves all-in with 2.59, and so I have to be right just over 35% of the time, which could be a close call if you think villain in this spot could have a weaker two pair. f you think that villain has made flushes only and sets, then I believe I would have around 10% equity in this spot. Also villain is not scared of what we might do in this multiway pot i.e. call his shove, so I believe he is shoving for value trying to get maximum.

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by pullin1988; Tue Apr 01, 2014 at 09:38 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:28 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
hi Matt,

normally I hate c betting in a multiway pot this is a bit different, we have a pretty strong hand. vs 4 other players QT is a valid concern, I took AA and KK out of their ranges because we hold blockers to both and I think we would have heard from them pre flop so the only set I am giving on the flop is JJ. With all that I think c betting is the best option. I really don't want to give a free card on a draw heavy board multiway.

When they both just call I am not so sure they hold QT unless its the QT of spades and they are slow playing, I am not automatically giving v7 a flush here either he only had a little over pot left and may have shoved to give a single Q of spades worse odds I don't know what his cold calling 2 bet range is but if he has a flush it should be like QJs and QTs maybe JTs I think he has a lot of AJ KJ AK type hands he can also have JJ but with that range I think stacking off here is fine.

this is the range I gave v7 JJ,AKs,AJs,KJs,QTs,QsJs,JsTs,AKo,AJo,KJo,QTo+

just my thoughts

John AKA FireMedic815

Last edited by FireMedic815; Tue Apr 01, 2014 at 10:35 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2013
Cheers John

I appreciate the advice.

Thanks

Matt

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:45 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
not really advice, just my thoughts I don't feel I should be giving advice. I have a lot of leaks to plug before I can do that.

and thank you for posting, these exercises help me as much as they do you.

I threw in the QJo hand that peeled with bottom pair and picked up equity on the turn with the Q of spades and is now semi bluffing.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
I think if we check it should be with the intention of calling, especially vs a non-full stack likely fish.

We don't block semibluff shove hands so he may shove with AxQs etc.

It's very close though and I think folding isn't bad by any means.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 01:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Matt,

Given that the villain is fishy I would probably bet/call it off to him and bet/fold to V2, $1.50-$1.75. I think it's important to bet the turn as there are a number of worse hands that can and will give us action right now but might benefit from a free river, or be scared by a bad river. All the QsX, JsX, and TsX hands benefit, while the Ax and weaker 2 pairs might get scared. I still perceive value to be had from the fishy player's Qs/Ts/Js/AJ/A9/KJ/K9/Ax hands.

Gross spot, but this is how I'd proceed with it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com