(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

just one of many i suffered today

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Both of you played the hand correctly here, with so few Big Blinds any Ace is good for a shove and also a call here in the BB.

Once you have between 12-15 Big Blinds left you should be in push/fold mode

Pretty standard.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:19 PM
(#3)
im not saying he did anything wrong just typical he gets a flush off his 9

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2012
The sooner you learn to forget about about bad beats the sooner you will progress as a player, so brush em off as if there nothing and say "NEXT" and only come in the bad beat section to have a laugh like i do.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 03:31 PM
(#5)
tbh i found that quite rude i have played poker for many years.And had quite a few decent tourney wins, as well a lot of smaller wins , i took a break for a year and am now trying to get back into it and this is the first time i have ever played this site, and a lot of unskilled players probably due to it having such a large number of players to a lot of other sites

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#6)
Well tbh if you played for that long you should know that bad beats happen(not that the hand you posted is even a bad beat) and moaning about it in a forum isnt going to help your game any, you should also know that the game of poker is always evolving and will continue that way.

Pokerstars is a hard site to play on probably the hardest imo because it has the best players and a minefield of idiot players, but the way i see it is you only get better by playing better opponents.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 05:26 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
The sooner you learn to forget about about bad beats the sooner you will progress as a player, so brush em off as if there nothing and say "NEXT" and only come in the bad beat section to have a laugh like i do.
I agree
Bad beats are something that players looking for someone/something to blame look for.

You have and the board comes
Your opponent bets and you decide that with the nuts you are just going to soft call

Turn comes
Your opponent bets, you raise, he re-raises and it all goes in

He shows
for the flush but you have him beat with Quads

River comes

They just made a Royal Flush over your Quads

now THAT is a bad beat --- anything else is just poker and the sooner you brush off ANY beat (bad or not) and just move on to the next hand/game then the better you will feel

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 05:30 PM
(#8)
tbh i only post to read the replies, god if i was to post everytime i got called by junk and lost i would be here all day, sometimes it just helps to here what you already know just to keep you on track

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 09:02 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2012
tbh I love getting called by junk. The pots I win more than make up for the times I lose. I just played a 2 hour 5nl six max zone session on another site. I got sucked out on early and was down a little more than a buy in.

2 hrs later I had a profit of $35.00 If I would have gotten upset over that first " bad beat " not that it was a bad beat sometimes the 13% hand gets there on the river. Anyway if I had gotten upset about it I probably would have lost $35.00 instead of winning it.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:04 PM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
This is not a bad beat. You have THREE BIG BLINDS. The guy is calling you down with any two. You shouldn't ever be this short.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com