Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom TPGK gets a pot donk by nit

Old
2NL Zoom TPGK gets a pot donk by nit - Tue Apr 01, 2014, 04:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...532_15943AF0C8

Villain is 11/5 and AF 0 on 50 hands.

Small sample. But from my experience these 11/5 guys don't pot bet draws. They pot bet made hands on wet boards. I put him on AK, AJ, JJ or maybe 66, calling from SB my UTG raise. If i'm beat on the flop i'm also beat on the turn. I considered folding the flop too. Too nit or just plain horrible?

(can someone teach me how to embed the boom hand in the thread?)

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
[boom]8260532_15943af0c8[/boom}

Make the last bracket like the rest and it will embed it for you.

As for the hand, I don't think this is a bad fold, he doesnt bet much and he is potting two streets.

Be interested to hear the HA view though.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 04:58 PM
(#3)
Thx, bhoy.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 05:41 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
This is a bad fold IMO. I would call OTT and reevaluate OTR.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 06:35 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
small sample size but I think you made a solid fold. The only draws he might do this with imo is top pair and the nut flush draw like AK of diamonds or AT of diamonds but you hold the A of diamonds. 11/5 is a super nit and the af of 0 alarms me. like bhoy said be interested to see what the ha has to say about it.

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 10:59 AM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Flopes,

I think our hand is strong enough to call, and plan to fold unimproved rivers to another big bet. I'm not convinced quite yet that he can't have AQ or AT-, but after we've called 2 big barrels it seems like we do have a big ace, so I expect him to check worse to us on the river and only bomb better hands.

The stats are inconclusive, and the AF of 0 doesn't mean anything imo... he's only raised preflop a couple times so the opportunities have been few, maybe he just missed flops.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 11:02 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Another thing to consider when it feels close, is that when we are in fact behind, we are never drawing dead... we always have equity. And our turn call + position should prompt good river information, so we can play the river pretty near perfectly imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 06:36 PM
(#8)
Yeah, the sample is really small. Thx, Langolier.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com