Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom FR - AQ though river decision or not?

Old
2NL Zoom FR - AQ though river decision or not? - Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012

Hello guys and girls This hand I played really bothered me so I would like to see your opinion and what would you do.
Villian is unknown.

thanks.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I would fold OTR. You're not beating much. 87 boated up OTR and AJ beats you... not sure what his over bet means, but you have a hand that can extract thin value from AT or worse.

Just fold.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
I would guess he had a gut shot on the flop, looks like a really weak player, maybe 10 8 or 9 8 .

When UTG limps and you are UTG+1 and want to raise it needs to be very big because there are 7 players behind you plus the limper, the 3x raise doesn't accomplish anything really and so I think in that situation you should size your raise to about $0.11/0.12 . This way if someone behind you does raise it you can get away easily.

On the flop when villain donk leads tiny for $0.04 with what I reckon was a gut shot, again your raise to $0.10 doesn't tell us anything about his hand. A call here is fine to keep his range wide or if you are going to raise size it to like $0.24 to give him bad odds to call, this will lead to you getting huge value from weak players in the long run.

Old
Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nishkey,

Here's what I would do:

Raise to .08-.10c pre.

Raise to .20c on the flop.

Turn looks fine.

River looks fine.

I would expect to see a hand like Ts8s/9s8s a lot in this spot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com