Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 FR: AA, against nit with scary flop.

Old
NL5 FR: AA, against nit with scary flop. - Wed Apr 02, 2014, 10:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
Hi guys, I got this hand that to be honest tilted me, but I decided to review it, and get some advise.

I got two villians, the first that goes all-in on the flop got fishy stats over 70 hands 33/10/2.4, the villian that I am focusing is on the BB pretty tight with 14/8/0.8 over 365 hands on him.

My question is if I made a good call by going All-In since I was worried he had QQs or JJs and hitted a set on the flop.

Old
Thu Apr 03, 2014, 07:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi Mozniak, welcome to the forums and thanks for posting your hand!

I think when the fishy V3 3Bets so small, I'd just come over the top and 4Bet. V2 could easily read you for being lighter than normal because he might think that you're after V3's stack, so you don't have to worry about looking super-strong and scaring everyone away.

The problem with flatting is that you're now giving people a fairly good price to call and there's every chance you might be three or four-way, which isn't ideal.

I think you should just move all in over the top of the fish on the flop. It's unlikely that he'll have QQ/JJ and I want to charge him full price for any draws he might want to call with, as you might not get this value on later streets.

As played on the turn, again you should just move all in. Villain has less than a pot-sized bet behind so whether you bet $2.21 or $3.72 isn't going to make much difference as to whether he'll call or not, so by not moving all in, you're giving him the chance to save some money by folding the river if he's on a draw and he misses.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com