Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

0.55 NLHE 87s late position open double barrel bluff

Old
0.55 NLHE 87s late position open double barrel bluff - Thu Apr 03, 2014, 12:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

i would like some comments on the profitability in a way of this bluff

Old
Thu Apr 03, 2014, 02:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
REALLY risky play. I think that you're really lucky that this player had a flush draw and I'm guessing it wasn't the NFD. On this board, I think you'll get looked up OTR by Ace high a ton. So if they had the NFD I can see them looking you up with ACE high as they are splitting the pot with all Ax that you might be overplaying. But then again I guess you would be checking back OTR with an ACE.... but maybe you're betting AK to try to steal the pot... lol

I much rather prefer folding to their donkbet. You have ZERO equity in this hand.

Old
Thu Apr 03, 2014, 06:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
The line you took is certainly risky and I think you should only make this play against villains who you know are capable of folding.

FWIW I think the line you took is a pretty convincing one and is consistent with the hand you are trying to rep, some kind of big overpair. Also given the line villain has taken, he's often going to have , a flush draw or a small overpair that might not be able to handle the heat of three barrels. However I simply wouldn't give an random player of a $0.55 MTT enough credit to think that they would fold.

Therefore I'd just prefer to take the lower variance line and just fold on the flop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com