2NL table; strait vs AA - Thu Apr 03, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

Some advices?

Old
Thu Apr 03, 2014, 02:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
PF: 3bet is ok I guess. You can call, 3B or fold... folding is probably a bit too tight.
OTF: you bet waaaay to small. I would bet at least 0.35 here.
OTT: I like the just call.
OTR: you're only beating a bluff, this should have been a fold.

Old
Thu Apr 03, 2014, 07:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Dirt eh has summed this up pretty well.

Preflop I think your standard 3Bet size should be 3x the original raise, you can make it bigger than this if you're Out of Position. Judging by the stack size of V1, he's probably a recreational player so I don't mind the 3Bet to try and isolate him in position, but you have to be aware that you might easily be getting yourself in a spot where the pot is inflated and you might have a dominated hand, so you have to proceed with caution.

On the flop your CBet is too small. The flop is quite wet with lots of possible draws and you can get a lot of value from these hands as well as random worse Ax hands that might be in the pot. Like dirt eh says, a bet of $0.35 looks OK, you could go even bigger.

I agree with calling the turn but disagree with you calling the river bet. What hands can you possibly beat? Only A5-A2 or random flush draws that didn't make two pair. I don't think any of these hands take this line, they probably just check/call turn and maybe bluff river or just call turn and/or river. Therefore I think you should just fold and not pay him off.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com