Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 45 Man

Old
$1.50 45 Man - Thu Apr 03, 2014, 03:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...554_946E8F23C9

Playing 0/0 over just 8 hands.... seems like a standard fold? I put him on 2+ pair most of the time?

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 09:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2014
yeh probably q9

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 12:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to analysis forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 01:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Affluenza!

With AQs, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (60 chips).

I flop TPTK and I'm definitely going to make a value bet here and the key is the sizing of it. A standard bet sizing against one opp is 1/2 pot, so I'm going to bet 75 chips. I don't want to overbet here, as I only have one pair and this is a board that could have easily hit the opp's range too.

The same thing on the turn when the 9 comes, I'm going to make a standard value bet of 1/2 pot. Now, the opp does a click-back raise. With it being early in the tourney and the opp's range consisting of multiple 2 pair hands or more likely KT for a straight, since I only have one pair, I'm going to muck, especially with basically no info about the opp, I need to give them credit for a hand.

The biggest keys here though are the bet sizes, as I want to make bets where the opp is making a -EV play to call, but I don't want to make larger than standard bets, so that I lose extra chips when the opp hits. In tourneys, chip preservation is just as important as chip accumulation.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com