Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

manners at the table

Old
manners at the table - Thu Apr 03, 2014, 11:13 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
I played at a regular 5nl table today and I experienced something that I really hate to see.

I held QTs in the bb and the sb raised me, so I naturally 3 bet cause thats how I roll lol.

anyway the flop was a king high flop and he checked to me and i c bet and he called, the turn was a blank and it went check check. the river was another king and I bet just trying to win it there and he just called.

he had a king, why he didn't value bet the river I don't know but whatever. I don't think I played the hand bad because of the lines taken.

so he shows me the trip kings and then proceeds to tell me that I am a donkey and I quote " an insalt to poker " I corrected him by saying I think you mean insult.

Then he started calling me some names that I will not repeat here but if he were sitting across from me in a live game he would probably be waking up spitting teeth and wondering where he was.

If we expect people to take us seriously and view poker as a viable way to make a living then we have to start acting the part.

Please be professional and refrain from this type of behavior.

Last edited by FireMedic815; Thu Apr 03, 2014 at 11:16 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 01:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Worst one I saw recently was a guy who swore at people he knocked out for no reason

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 06:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
I feel you, firemedic, online punks they wouldnt dare to say anything to me at live game.

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 11:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi
I understand completely how enoying such comments can be, you have several choices to deal with it.

1 block the players chat.

2 select stats so that chat doesn't show,

3 Call a moderator to your table, they will deal with the problem for you, and depemding on the cercumstances, have the power to take chat away from a player.

Hope that helps

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 01:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
Hi
I understand completely how enoying such comments can be, you have several choices to deal with it.

1 block the players chat.

2 select stats so that chat doesn't show,

3 Call a moderator to your table, they will deal with the problem for you, and depemding on the cercumstances, have the power to take chat away from a player.

Hope that helps
4 just enjoy there little ramble and watch them bust out before they cash

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 02:04 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2011
I must admit i need to work on my manners at the table..its if ive had abad day/bad news and then bad beats I can get a bit silly aggro but not as bad as that in fact nowhere near

worst ive seen (and used too see it a lot in playmoney) was recently some guy saying things about my Mother..i agree with wiltshireman ignoring them is best in this case

oh and wishing you had illnesses and dieing........i htink they tryin to tilt you you have to rise above it or just unmature keyboard ninjas...cos in real life i doubt they ever try it

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 11:49 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2012
I did ignore him, no point in arguing with a computer screen, and maybe my saying he would be waking up spitting teeth and wondering where he was.. was a bit extreme, but he did say some pretty ugly things,and I doubt he would say that in a live setting.

I don't think my play was bad, it would be hard for him to continue without a King in this spot, and sometimes I do say things that i probably shouldn't, but I have never said anything like what this person said.

Still I need to improve on this front too. My biggest peeve is when they type zzzzzzzzz lol, I sometimes say " you know only bad players type zzzzz right? "

Maybe he was tilting, and needed to vent. I really don't know, and I am not above saying stupid things during a game, its something i need to work on too.

I don't give out the " Insalts " or insults this person gave lol, but I think it is important to realize that not everybody makes the right play and although you or I may not see their reasons for it, they probably had some reason for doing so.

Anyway just something I thought we could all take something away from.

gl at the tables all

Last edited by FireMedic815; Sat Apr 05, 2014 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: spelling

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com