Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6max - ATs co check your Ace on that board and bluff catch

Old
10NL 6max - ATs co check your Ace on that board and bluff catch - Fri Apr 04, 2014, 12:08 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Another hand a little later in the session from my last HA post. Reviewing being guilty of some silly fancy play syndrome.

I raise ATs co and get a sb call. Flop 9s2hAh ok we have 1 suit card. Not a fan of dry / wet flop decisions so this could be a big mistake.

So I'm checking my Ace behind 100% on that flop? It's micros and no donk. So there we go turn Qh ooops? No, I actually don't care as this is an excellent spot to bluff me.

You're all going to hate this one. Getting 2 streets of value bluff catching with a 1 pair hand.

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 01:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
NH, well played. Checking back the flop with medium/weak Ax can be a good option to induce bluffs on later streets as betting may just fold out enything that didn't connect here (which is quite a lot on a texture like this).

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 02:35 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Thanks Felix,

I was reading the 30c turn bet and 60c river as not convincing enough #ihatefolding sir!

As the villain you could bluff me big time in this spot by over bettting?

Not watched this video yet but I guess a polarized bet is mentioned.

The PSO Poker Bites, Backstage Edition featuring Pros Randy 'nanonoko' Lew, Isaac 'Ike' Haxton, Alex 'Kanu7' Millar, Marc-Andre 'FrenchDawg' Ladouceur and Mickey 'mement_mori' Petersen
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...rbets-In-Poker

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Apr 04, 2014 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: forgot link

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com