Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Well thats the last time i bother with the open league

Old
Well thats the last time i bother with the open league - Fri Apr 04, 2014, 07:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

Just can't beat these guys

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 07:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Open league is simple.... Just treat every opponent like a fish since until you get to about 2000 they typically are and only around 500 do you see any decent players for sure

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 08:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
This kind of stuff happens in every game you find in poker. You just must remember that in the end you make money off from their plays. Always look at the bright side, focus on doing best decision on every given moment and you be ok.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 08:43 PM
(#4)
The worrying part is that this was around 190 left, so either he had a special feeling inside about this hand, or he was running to heaven with his fishy hands!

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 09:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Here are the keys to the hand.....

too small of a raise preflop (2.2BB+1BB for each limper is standard)

too big of a bet on the flop (1/2 pot is std for a hand with one opp)

can't shove the turn (1/2 pot is std due to one opp)

the bottom line.. betting too small prices the opp in, then the too big bets value-owns ourselves.

Standard bets are the key and when they're not made, we get ourselves in trouble. Also, in a league game, I cannot be all-in unless I'm sure I'll be ahead after all 5 cards are on the board, which is definitely not the case here.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#6)
tbh i think u would be suprised at the amount of players on this site will call a raise or even a allin with 10 8 and your bet pre certainly wasnt even close enough to deter anyone and to see the next card on a draw they are always happy to call, and after that you you didnt consider the straight, and who would if you think your playing decent players, but thats the whole problem in any tourney there is a high amount of bad players and being as a lot of these players arent even in the league ,and there playing for a 10 dollar prize pool they arent going to be that bothered if they lose.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com