Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

TT in big blind against extremly loose player

Old
TT in big blind against extremly loose player - Fri Apr 04, 2014, 09:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
SilverStar
played this hand against a player who raised UTG (he had 97/21 after 35 or so played hands)

My stats were 21/17

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Fri Apr 04, 2014 at 09:58 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 10:49 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi Sle4zy_E

It sort of sucks when you are against AA. The stats sample size is small, but if we take a read that the villain is loose, they can wake up with a premium hand and raise it the same as any rubbish they have.

A note I would take on this hand. The villain didn't go for stacks pre flop and called your 3bet in position which is quite good for them. Probably thinking, "well at least I'm not playing rubbish cards now".

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Apr 04, 2014 at 10:59 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 09:29 AM
(#3)
SilverStar
Should I have gotten away from this without getting stacked?

Clearly I should have given more consideration to the idea he could "wake up with a monster hand", but then you also want to get maximum value out of your good hands or what in this case seemed to be the best hand.... where do you find the balance?

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 07:10 PM
(#4)
Yes I think you can get away from this by betting less, say just over 1/2 pot, flop and turn then give up on the river. Normally you can only get one or two streets of value from a 1 pair hand.

When you bet flop for value think "what worse hands will call"? Also bear in mind what is the next best hand than yours JJ.

I'm quite surprised the villain didn't 4bet with AA at these stakes. So ranging them on JJ/QQ, combo suited paint cards etc..

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 09:59 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
I can't see the hand: "No Data Found"

Can you please repost?

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 11:10 AM
(#6)
SilverStar
I must have deleted it. I didnt know taking taking it off my hand replayer register would delete it from thread

Forrest, I guess I feel in love with the idea of punishing his incredible loose plays.
Definitely have got to work on accurately putting an opponent on a range and not let his play in other hands blinds me to every possibility

Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Sun Apr 06, 2014 at 11:13 AM..

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 09:50 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Normally you can only get one or two streets of value from a 1 pair hand..
The hand is gone, you can repost please if you wish, but I would offer thoughts based on the answers itt... If the 1 pair we are talking about is a strong 1 pair hand (top pair/good kicker or better) it's quite possible you did nothing wrong, or at least made no serious errors.

To the quote of Forrest above, the key word there is normally. There are a number of factors, some subtle and some not, that can change this. A villain who has voluntarily put money in the pot with 34/35 hands thus far is clearly not normal. We could (should) bolster our read with WTSD and also observed hand strength in showdown, but failing that info I would work under the assumption that this is a good candidate target for 3 streets of value with our strong 1 pair hands. That doesn't mean we'll always be good. The guy's range preflop is crazy wide, so he's going to be the one showing people those freak 2 pair with garbage cards. He's entitled to get his fair share of AA and other premiums. But he's also going to be chasing the gut shots and middle pairs, etc. How loose he pays off the river is where the observations come in, but it's a safe assumption imo that he's not folding top pair if you put a gun to his head, and when he's playing crazy wide that's going to be a lot of top pair combos with medium and bad kickers paying you off at least.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Apr 07, 2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 12:23 PM
(#8)
The hand replay seems to be in my browser cache with the #HHnumber so I can request it as an observer.

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 12:34 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
^^Looks fine tbh... I might adjust the best sizings a bit but since we 3b pre I don't see a reason not to stack off a strong 1 pair hand here vs. a villain such as this.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 01:37 PM
(#10)
SilverStar
Thanks Lang.

I think we have the same line of thinking regarding this hand.

Your post did give me allot of ideas on how to gather more info with the HUD.

I never really thought to check WTSD and W$SD, which I should have.

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 01:47 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sle4zy_E View Post
Thanks Lang.

I think we have the same line of thinking regarding this hand.

Your post did give me allot of ideas on how to gather more info with the HUD.

I never really thought to check WTSD and W$SD, which I should have.
W$SD won't mean much on this sample, but WTSD might give us some idea how lite he shows down. Physical observation would be even better... if we saw him call down 3 barrels with 3rd pair, that gives us a lot of insight into how many streets our strong top pair hands can get.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com