Why you should never slowplay - Sat Apr 05, 2014, 08:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Some people just love to slowplay till the last moment

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 08:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I love the way you played this. I always bet flopped quads. You ran into the top of villain's range here, but villains will pay you off with worse pocket pairs if you come out firing on this flop. Well played!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 09:07 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I love the way you played this. I always bet flopped quads. You ran into the top of villain's range here, but villains will pay you off with worse pocket pairs if you come out firing on this flop. Well played!
I would check raise the turn. Given that the villain has better than the top of his range here imo, we are smashing the board on the turn so hard I'd let villain float, catch a piece on river, or feel more confident with small pair happily.
Without initiative I think "always betting flopped quads" is an error.

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 09:26 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
I did bet the turn small, because for me check on the turn looks a lot more a K than bet. And I do bet the king always when I don't have it. Players also love to call on QQQ or similar board with overcards like A or K to make a full house and in here it looked to me like he did float the flop with a king.

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 04:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
How is that hand called, Full Quad House?

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 09:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Slowplay???

Would you have folded to a std 3-bet? If yes, their pre-flop play was optimal. If no, it wouldn't have made any difference. Their worst possible play is to bet you off of your hand.

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 09:37 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Silence sometimes speaks volumes.

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 11:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Slowplay???

Would you have folded to a std 3-bet? If yes, their pre-flop play was optimal. If no, it wouldn't have made any difference. Their worst possible play is to bet you off of your hand.
i totally agree with you and lets be honest betting the quads couldve got you nothing you was lucky he had a hand and you betting convinced him you didnt have the queen.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com