5nl FR Zoom - TT

Old
5nl FR Zoom - TT - Sat Apr 05, 2014, 08:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

Could you please analyse my hand below.

The stats on the guy were as follows: VPIP/PFR/AF 20/7/0.8 76 hands

What made me fold was the fact that his aggression factor is so low. So when he raised me on the turn I believed him with a stronger holding. I just believed he had the nuts KQ. I called his raise on the turn hoping to boat up. Anyone calling the river? Was I being to hasty?

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by pullin1988; Sat Apr 05, 2014 at 08:43 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 05, 2014, 06:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
You played this hand very well!

Your preflop raise should be bigger because of the limper, I'd make it 4BB, 3x + 1BB for the limper.

You've got a pretty decent sample size on this guy and you know he's generally very passive, both pre and post flop, so when he takes the min check/raise turn and pot river line, this is very indicative that he has a super-strong hand and he's trying to extract value.

Everything about the way he played this hand is consistent with KQ. He might also play 99 like this, but there are simply way more combos of KQ than of 99, so I think you made a tough, but good fold.

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 08:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I wouldn't completely discount 55, as it's common for players to limp small pairs UTG, but the turn check-minraise usually reps the absolute nuts. Calling to try and boat up is fine. Easy fold on river. Well played Matt.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com