Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl zoom TPTK on wet board

Old
2nl zoom TPTK on wet board - Sat Apr 05, 2014, 03:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

button is 12/7 over 1k+ hands
the opener is unknown
Can we squeeze here? can we squeeze if the opener was in MP/CO?
Is flatting better than raising otf? In the hand I put him on some JT(s)/any flush draw because of his sizing(is that correct?)
Should we check the river once the turn is called, if so do we x/c or x/f?

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 05:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Calling pre is certainly fine, but against an unknown and a tight button caller I'd mostly look at denying them a flop with a strong hand OOP preflop.

As played I think that check/raising may be overplaying our hand strength against an unknown UTG openers c-betting range vs 2 opponentns. I like check/calling and taking it from there.

If you go for 3 streets here after check/raising you may end up valuetowning yourself against KK/AA and sets while not extracting any more value from worse.

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 06:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm just wondering if he had something weird like A3h/63h that backed into a straight after calling down on the flush draw. Both would be very light opens UTG though.

Only sets that make any sense are Q/9/2 as if he made a set with the 4 or 5 that is pretty horrific play from him.

A lot of 2NL villains are atrocious players so I still think he can be overvaluing TPGK type hands here or making an attempt at a bluff on the river, as bad as that would be.

I think pre, the call is fine, squeezing is an option but villains call too much at 2NL so we will be likely to be playing an already inflated pot OOP. It probably gets rid of BTN who should have a middling PP I would imagine. I think I just call down on this board to be honest. As played, if we are going to lead the river, I think we just shove rather than bet/call. Same result regardless but it just feels less icky when we commit the money ourselves instead of having to call off that little bit extra fearing the worst.

That's probably horrible though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com