Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom fullhouse on 4 to flush board

Old
5nl zoom fullhouse on 4 to flush board - Sat Apr 05, 2014, 04:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

villain is 19/15 wtsd 33, 90 hands
Q1: should I bet the turn?
Q1: how should I size the turn bet, how often can I shove? I don't really expect him to call a shove on that paired board even if he holds the As

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 05:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I am fine with checking the turn, its a bittersweet card for us, our hand improves in an absolute sense but if we bet and get raised its one of those 'ah ****' moments where we suspect we are behind but don't want to fold. It also disguises what we are holding to an extent.

His WTSD is a little above mine, I'd like to think I get away if you shove, but make an annoyed call to the bet size you made it.

I think you played the hand well.

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 09:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

I like checking back turn. A spade is a really bad card for us. If we bet, what worse hands will call? What better hands fold? My plan is to check back the turn and go for a thin value OTR on a blank if they check to us to get value from Qx and maybe even fold if they bet big OTR; The point is, any one pair in their range is too thin to bet for value imo and they would want to check to showdown so when they bet we can assume they are betting for value with a flush since they would check otherwise. For that reason, when they do bet this river I want to raise big because they can call with a flush - we can go for a slightly bigger bet say 1.8-1.9 but I don't like shoving because the Ks and Qs are already out there which makes the likely hood of them having a flush and get sticky with it improbable. I want to size it to get called from their JJs/TTs and As

EDIT: they are on the high end of their WTSD stat, so I think a bigger bet size would work in our favor (but again consider the fact that the Qs and Ks are on the board)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com