Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10 nl zoom 6 max, flopping well, gets trickier

Old
10 nl zoom 6 max, flopping well, gets trickier - Sun Apr 06, 2014, 11:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
I bet, cbet and tbet this which seemed to me a great hand on the flop but his calling could be tricky, I would fold to a check-raise or river shove as a 5 or T would be likely, still find it difficult to put villain on a hand. How about the betsizing? Do I have a reason to fear the straight here? Villain is REC and I find it hard to put him in any hand, could be any face cards, no idea what he is calling with. Am I being too careful here or missing value?

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 11:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think here we are betting too small post-flop.

Personally, on this wet a flop, I would be making it 66-75% pot on flop and turn and a little smaller on the river to get called by two pair type hands.

I'm not really sure what he was calling with that wasn't able to call river unless it was just total air.

EDIT: Not actually sure about betting river now, hard to see what we can get value from other than a set, or an overpair, but I tend to think they get more aggressive at some point in the hand unless a total calling station.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Sun Apr 06, 2014 at 12:21 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 02:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I normally check back this turn and bet river if checked to, is that a decent line to take?

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 08:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Yep bet bigger OTF, (if you are going to bet turn), bigger OTT, and I think river is a pretty easy check back given the board.

We are never getting 3 streets on this runout.

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 08:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2011
At lower stakes you're probably fine for a bet fold on the river. But at 10nl I can't see any worse worse hands calling.

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 11:07 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi mr mendes,

Yes, bet bigger OTF.

We are allowed to check back this turn. It's a pretty bad event for our range as a whole, and it will make it harder for our target hands (like top pair) to call again while also exposing us to a check/raise from straights. If we hold QQ then getting c/r isn't a big deal, we ca just fold, but with 10 outs to pair the board on the river it's not so simple.

As played, I don't hate bet/folding the river tbh... it's wafer thin though. We are targeting 77/66/98s/97s/76s basically, but in the hands of a REC player they might pay off a modest bet. No big worries checking back, it may be the best play anyway.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 12:50 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2011
Thanks Dave!
And thanks gang for sharing your thoughts.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com