Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl 6 max transparant hand?

Old
10nl 6 max transparant hand? - Sun Apr 06, 2014, 11:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Am I betting over the top here and does my hand scream AA? Should this pf be a pot size bet? UTG is prob REC, I don't know and UTG+1 is a REG trying to iso the UTG bettor. He seems to be a laggy reg but I am not sure. Anyway he is happy to get it in with KK and so am I, but should I take a softer line in such a spot?

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 11:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I would probably make it a little bit smaller, something like $2-$2.10. The 3bet was small so I don't actually mind going a little bit bigger in all honesty. We don't want to make it so small that we can get loose calls from multiple players.

So, slightly smaller for me.

Old
Sun Apr 06, 2014, 08:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
That is a massive 4b. I think it looks too strong, but it might be fine at 10nl.

I wouldn't go past $1.70 personally.

I mean it's obvious you have KK+ given the positional action but meh, it's ok to be face up at 10nl.

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 12:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi mr mendes,

I agree this 4b sizing is significantly too large. I like about 1.50 here tbh. We want to allow our opponents room to make calling and reraising mistakes, and this sizing makes it hard for them to do that. It's works if we run into KK, because that's the one hand that will make those mistakes regardless. But it's too much pressure to be putting on AQ and TT type hands. If the villains were loose/fishy, or we had expectation to get looser action, then we could to a bit bigger, maybe 1.75, but anything more than this is just unnecessarily large imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 12:49 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2011
Thanks Dave!
And thanks birdayy and bhoylegend for dropping by.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com