Since: Mar 2011
all in vs hyper-aggressive

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...955_922A201D91

so sick.......

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 01:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2014
yes it was nasty and been on the end of it more than a few times myself, but tbh not sure why you reraised him allin, did he raise a lot so you thought he would fold ?

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 10:14 PM
(#3)
He raised every hand and played very bad. He could call me even with Ax or QJ

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 04:29 AM
(#4)
well maybe someone else will come along and disagree with me ,but if you feel he could call with a large range of cards i wouldnt be playing the hand allin or fold as as soon as you do this it takes all the game play out of you hands and your just relying on him not hitting or not having something bigger.If you had just played the hand out on that board you wouldve just folded and wouldve been alive to try again.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 10:59 AM
(#5)
I was 8 out of 10, this guy has PFR 42 and steal from BU 90 (200+ hands sample), few hands before he called all in with 85o 19 BB, so i play for 1st place and this all in against this mega aggressive player who can call u even with nothing was awesome.

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 01:15 PM
(#6)
maybe awesome if you win but u didnt

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 08:25 PM
(#7)
My push was not good just because i lost? What would you say if i push AA and lost vs his 66? Also not awesome because i didn't win? Sorry, but your logic is weird...

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 05:37 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
In my opinion you played it pretty perfectly.

If you just call, based on him being hyper-aggressive he is betting most flops, and unless you hit your 7 you're having to fold.. so just calling is ultimately going to be throwing away money. Even if the flop doesn't come with a 6, but cards higher than your 7's, you still have to fold even if you're ahead to his lower pair (not that you'd know).

Raising a small amount probably will get a call off him, or he might re-shove over the top. In both situations him calling your small raise is not nice as you have to be confident with your play post-flop. The other situation is he re-shoves which puts the decision back on you which also is not good. You're having to call an all-in and with all the info out there on tournament prize pool equity etc and what each of your chip is worth you know this is bad...

Going all in? in my opinion is best move.

a) he can fold and you win pot
b) you're putting decision on him, he has given up some of his equity in the tournament with quite a weak holding here...
c) when he does call, and you're either coin flipping or miles ahead( which you were ) it's happy days and you have done this with the knowledge that a win will get you too the latter stages of the tournament where decent money is.

you just got unlucky here..

my 2 cents

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 08:48 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-glory View Post
My push was not good just because i lost? What would you say if i push AA and lost vs his 66? Also not awesome because i didn't win? Sorry, but your logic is weird...
im sorry but pushing allin like that doesnt show strength of hand it shows weakness from it i would put you on a small pp or a couple of overcards at most, surely if you had aces you would like a big pay off not for him to fold.And as you already stated he was a bad player so the likely hood of him folding waant very high, so you put all your faith in luck, and when he turned 6s over it would seem it was on your side until he hit and yes you was unlucky ,but the point being you are playing a game consisting of more cards than what you have in your hand, so a lot of the time the outcome might not be as you have wished for.

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 09:47 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitootiS View Post
In my opinion you played it pretty perfectly.

If you just call, based on him being hyper-aggressive he is betting most flops, and unless you hit your 7 you're having to fold.. so just calling is ultimately going to be throwing away money. Even if the flop doesn't come with a 6, but cards higher than your 7's, you still have to fold even if you're ahead to his lower pair (not that you'd know).

Raising a small amount probably will get a call off him, or he might re-shove over the top. In both situations him calling your small raise is not nice as you have to be confident with your play post-flop. The other situation is he re-shoves which puts the decision back on you which also is not good. You're having to call an all-in and with all the info out there on tournament prize pool equity etc and what each of your chip is worth you know this is bad...

Going all in? in my opinion is best move.

a) he can fold and you win pot
b) you're putting decision on him, he has given up some of his equity in the tournament with quite a weak holding here...
c) when he does call, and you're either coin flipping or miles ahead( which you were ) it's happy days and you have done this with the knowledge that a win will get you too the latter stages of the tournament where decent money is.

you just got unlucky here..

my 2 cents

Thanks for your opinion. I totally agree with you!

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 10:11 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
FWIW i'm pushing here even with aces.

Why? The hero has already stated villain is hyper-aggressive, in that case get it in early and take all his chips whilst you're miles ahead.

If you just call you have the potential for a pair board coming down or for him to make two pair with something like 10/J or 10/Q. Or he could hit a massive draw if holding a flush hand.

If you shove all in, he will fold a lot of hands that could be dangerous post flop, suited connectors and things like that, you'd also think he'd fold small pairs (i know he didn't which is a leak in his game as he will be dominated a lot and WONT win much making calls like that) which is fine, because if you only call, he may also hit that set.

The play is fine, the only thing you're suggesting donk is a way of "surviving" the tournament, not winning it. If you keep only making "calls" hoping to hit the flop, you won't get far, you'll drop chips until you're down to a stack whereby you're all in isn't enough to put the villian to a decision and they insta call because you're shove is only a few extra chips ontop of the BB. (this is when you get people come to the forums when blinds are 300/600 and they shove for 1500 or so and are shocked when the BB calls with 10/J versus their AK claiming it's a "bad beat". Hitting the flop is amazing, but it doesn't happen very often, for you or your opponent, that's why betting on the correct boards etc is crucial.

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 11:28 AM
(#12)
see this is what makes me laugh you assume he has a fold button, when most bad players dont also your assumming he has a bad hand just because he does a lot of the time. Also him losing that hand was never making a big enough dent to concern him not to call.To me you had more than enough chips to wait for a better hand and to just play it out and see if you got lucky on the flop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com