Old
nl10 zoom, crazy villain overbet - Mon Apr 07, 2014, 01:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013

playing zoom.
no previous read.
villain very deep stack.

Play:

OPened and elected to play passively on a wet board without much hit. Got checked behind, hit my straight on the river, but villain shoves in with 300 BB.

I could only place him with a nuts (JQ) or nothing.

Do I have enough strenght to call him down and gamble my deep stack?

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 02:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2011
No, there is a very small chance he only has the board.

Other than that he has a J. There are quite a few QJ hands he could have. Most of the time you are splitting, and I think he's more like to have QJ than just the board.

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 04:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
No way I would gamble 300BB in a spot like this. Sure, good chance he is bullying you but I would snapfold this.
You have very little money invested in this hand so far so I would simple let it go.

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Super easy fold. At best you are chopping, this is never a bluff (he could raise to $2 to bluff you and not put all $30 at risk). There's 1.25 in the pot so we are going to risk $30 to win .62c? Noooooooooo!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 07, 2014, 02:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
PS - if he is bluffing it's absolutely horrific... you will have a jack almost always and QJ is in your range, so the risk/reward on a bluff by him is insanely bad. If he thought you were just stabbing and like he should resteal (no reason to think this), $2-$3 would be plenty to do the trick, same exact results for a much better bluff risk.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com