10NL ZOOM, AKs UTG IP calldown

Old
10NL ZOOM, AKs UTG IP calldown - Tue Apr 08, 2014, 03:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain(85):19/15/9.0
Tot 3bet: 15.4 on 39 samples

As played, please comment, thanks!

Last edited by dirt eh; Tue Apr 08, 2014 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: added sample size for 3bet

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 03:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think I play pre and flop the same.

On the turn, I give up, we're drawing to a flush but we dont have the odds and the board has paired, we won't be sure we are good even if we hit our flush. It's also doubtful whether our A and K outs are good. His 3bet stat is high but on a limited sample.

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 04:05 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I think I play pre and flop the same.

On the turn, I give up, we're drawing to a flush but we dont have the odds and the board has paired, we won't be sure we are good even if we hit our flush. It's also doubtful whether our A and K outs are good. His 3bet stat is high but on a limited sample.
You missed some outs if you think a flush is clean...

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 04:22 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
You missed some outs if you think a flush is clean...
I don't think the flush is clean for you

I'm tired, so excuse the confusion if I have misunderstood what you are saying.

His 3bet % is high like I said, but it is a limited sample, and ignoring what he actually showed up with we still have to give him a tightish range given you are UTG and he is BB. He's still a virtual unknown unless you have notes on him or seen what he has shown down.

Do we know his 3bet vs an EP open?

I'm folding turn, I don't think calling is bad, I'm just calling it quits in an uncertain situation.

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 04:36 PM
(#5)
I think we can comfortably give him QQ+ and AQs+. We need 28% equity to call OTT and I think we have it. It's close but I think we have enough to call OTT.

No. I don't use 3b vs. EP open.

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 09:47 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

The guy is a pretty aggressive 3-bettor thus far, we don't think AKs is good enough to 4b such a villain in position? Why not?

On the flop we have 2 overs, the nut flush draws, and a gutter broadway, again I see an opportunity to attack a very aggro villain since we left his widish 3b range in the lead and his AF is 9 he is probably betting his whole range. There are a number of hands we can get to fold, including AJ and TT, and especially other AK holdings. And we have decent hand equity to fall back on when he doesn't fold with 12 outs to the nuts + maybe additional overcard outs. Plus, if he's aggro enough he may lose his mind and decide bet/3b the flop as a semi-bluff with AK is a good idea, and we get to freeroll him.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 10:58 PM
(#7)
Dave,

Reasoning behind the CC with AKs IP was that I opened UTG and he's 3B from the BB… I can't use the 15.4% range here. I expect AQs to be the bottom of his range and pairs maybe down to TT. 4-betting is definitely an option and was considered but I chose to flat.

OTF: I was thinking about popping this and maybe I should have. If I plug in the 3b range that I gave him then I have a ton of equity vs. his whole range. This was probably a mistake by just calling.

OTT: This was really close between calling and folding, but I pretty much narrowed his hand down to AA, KK and AQ. He could be betting QQ OTT but I decided he wasn't. And therefor I made the call.

Having said all of that… Yes 4-betting pre would be a good option but I think the best option was to raise the flop bet and then reevaluate.

Is this a holding that you're willing to get it all in OTF vs this villain type?

Thanks!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com