Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, 88 190bb DEEP vs UTG

Old
10NL ZOOM, 88 190bb DEEP vs UTG - Tue Apr 08, 2014, 05:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
UTG(17):19/19/2.0

Should we be trying to get all the money in OTF here?

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 06:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Yeah I would think so. There are a of turn cards that can kill our action. Villains range should be strongest UTG and if he has an overpair I wouldn't want to see a card on the turn that can slow both of us down.

On a board like this villain can put us on several pair plus draw combos when we raise which makes it tough to get away from those overpairs.

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 08:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I would have shoved too. only 1 hand beats us and that's a some what unlikely openinghand for UTG

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 10:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I am always getting the money in on the flop here. Villains can have many worse hands that feel like they need to protect on a 3 straight flop, 77, 66 and maybe premium pairs if he overvalues them. He may get jiggy with 99. Not really figuring him for 54, so only T9 is ahead of us, but obviously we have equity vs. the straight. Even if we take T9s and 54s all combos, that's 8 straights max, smaller sets are 6 combos alone, AA/KK adds 12 more combos, maybe a couple 99's overplaying... we quickly get to about 20 reasonable combos of worse hands for him to show up with. So I would rate us to be ahead more often than not, and equity to provide some level of insurance for our troubles when he does have the straight.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com