Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The Hot $.55NL, A10 with top pair on the flop.

Old
The Hot $.55NL, A10 with top pair on the flop. - Tue Apr 08, 2014, 05:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
SilverStar
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.55 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed)

MP1 (t2,645)
Hero (MP2) (t7,445)
MP3 (t2,390)
CO (t7,200)
Button (t3,605)
SB (t5,030)
BB (t9,075)
UTG (t2,645)
UTG+1 (t2,175)

Hero's M: 18.38

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 10
UTG calls t150, UTG+1 calls t150, 1 fold, Hero raises to t600, 4 folds, BB calls t450, UTG calls t450, UTG+1 calls t450

Flop: (t2,655) 7, 10, 5 (4 players)
BB checks, UTG bets t2,025 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t1,555 (All-In),

Pot is giving me good odds.

Should I go all in or fold?

There is not much history with any of the players. All I know is what you can tell from preflop action.

Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Tue Apr 08, 2014 at 05:56 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 08, 2014, 09:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Hey,
Why are you 3-betting ATo in this spot? I can see it, when youre doing it as a bluff, but at other way, i cant see people folding that much in 0.55$ hot to a 3-bet, so i defenetly wouldnt be 3-betting in this spot. I actually think this is fold preflop - just you will end up bad spots so often. What i mean, you flop Axx, your pair of Aces wont be good most of the time since i dont think these player going to fold AQ/AJ to a 3-bet. So you basically cant win big pots with ATo in here, kinda always losing when pot get big and winning when you hit a straight, but that isnt enghou to make it preflop call here.
As played, at flop its going to be a fold.

Cheers,
bungakat

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 07:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungakat View Post
Hey,
Why are you 3-betting ATo in this spot? I can see it, when youre doing it as a bluff, but at other way, i cant see people folding that much in 0.55$ hot to a 3-bet, so i defenetly wouldnt be 3-betting in this spot. I actually think this is fold preflop - just you will end up bad spots so often. What i mean, you flop Axx, your pair of Aces wont be good most of the time since i dont think these player going to fold AQ/AJ to a 3-bet. So you basically cant win big pots with ATo in here, kinda always losing when pot get big and winning when you hit a straight, but that isnt enghou to make it preflop call here.
As played, at flop its going to be a fold.

Cheers,
bungakat
It is not a 3bet, there are two limpers before him thus i think we can iso raise and take advantage of their low stacks and higher fold equity. Also if this is hot .55 and we assume loose villains then we actually can iso AT for value
As played, top top i think you have to call here.
Although it is kinda dry board. How are villains playing like, if nit is donk jamming flop there i would rather fold.

Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Wed Apr 09, 2014 at 07:22 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 09:51 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Oh sorry, read it wrong lol, but i still think its a fold @ flop

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:10 AM
(#5)
SilverStar
Villains had been playing pretty loose.

I did consider that one of the villains could possibly have a set or 2 pair, but I'm thinking UTG is quite capable of making this play when making any pair on the flop (especially if he is putting me on top broadways), UTG+ could very easily be calling with a draw or even top pair....

Math was right so I pushed all in to get rid of villain in the blinds.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:14 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sle4zy_E View Post
All I know is what you can tell from preflop action.
And what does the preflop action tell you?

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:58 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Sle4zy_E

I like your iso raise. Punish the weak. It's good. In this particular scenario where both of the villains are relatively short stacked I'd like to make it 1000 to go and the reason for this is because it will induce the limpers to either fold ( in which case we pick up 700 chips ) or shove (we are likely to be ahead) and what will often happen will be that player 8 will fold and player 9 will get it in with you which is fine with us especially with all the dead money in the pot.

As played - I'd have shipped the flop too. Both players 8 and 9 have less than a pot sized bet, due to this the first guy to get it in can have absolutely anything from air to a set but his range is heavily weighted towards air and as for player 9, his range is weighted towards 10x hands/7x hands and draws.

Nice hand, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Wed Apr 09, 2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 05:35 PM
(#8)
SilverStar
Lang, in a word...

Weakness!

Chew, I agree a bigger preflop raise would have been much better.

Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Wed Apr 09, 2014 at 05:38 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com