Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6-Max NL$5 ZOOM, MP raises, I 3-bet AK in SB, BB goes all in

Old
6-Max NL$5 ZOOM, MP raises, I 3-bet AK in SB, BB goes all in - Wed Apr 09, 2014, 09:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
SilverStar
PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed)

Button ($6.57)
Hero (SB) ($5.09)
BB ($7.49)
UTG ($5)
MP ($7.67)
CO ($5.44)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $7.49 (All-In), 1 fold,

First hand of this zoom session, no past history.

Call or fold?

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 10:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Sle,

With no past history or reads, I simply fold these spots. Too many villains only have QQ+/AK with this action, and AK doesn't play well vs. that range.

As an aside, there is no excuse to not have a read here... you can at least look and see how many tables villain is playing when faced with a big decision. If it's 4 folding is prudent imo. If it's 1 I'd be more tempted to call off since more likely a rec player... still probably folding in this case without any hands of data, but don't pass up on any available info.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
Totally agree. We're behind versus a standard range here. A rec player can be shoving wider, and you can see some 'fancy hands' in these spots if you call, but unknown I'm always folding.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:26 AM
(#4)
SilverStar
Hey Lang,

To be honest, I dont know how I would go about finding out how many tables he is playing.

Little help....

What I was thinking in this spot is:

If he has AA, KK most villains would opt to 4 bet and isolate one caller rather then scare everyone away.

I put him on QQ or JJ with a very small possibility of TT or AK.

I called and he ended up having QQ

In hind sight, it's clear I took a huge unnecessary risk.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sle4zy_E View Post
Hey Lang,

To be honest, I dont know how I would go about finding out how many tables he is playing.

Little help....
Look them up alphabetically in the lobby of your player pool:

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#6)
SilverStar
Got it. thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com