Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 Zoom 6max, river spot with a boat. Am I beating anything?

Old
NL5 Zoom 6max, river spot with a boat. Am I beating anything? - Wed Apr 09, 2014, 11:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Villain is 33/13 through 33 hands, playing 1 table.

I think pre is fine, turn raise I like too on this texture as I can get value from a lot of draws and Ax.

The min raise scared the heck out of me. I was thinking of folding on any non diamond/A river but then decided that as villain is probably recreational he could be betting with worse on the river. A8, A6, maybe a straight. Looking back on it I don't think I'm beating any value hand that bets pot (such a strong sign from a loose passive player) on the river.

Against a reg I would fold the river and a rec I think a call is ok. Thoughts?

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 12:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I think I would jam the rest in OTR. Villain could have a straight, AK, A8, A6, 64... You're beating a ton of hands IMO. You have a full house BvB, I think I would shove this river for value, there's enough out there that we beat. We lose to AA, 88, 66.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 02:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I agree with dirt. Blind vs Blind stack off ranges are usually pretty wide. If villain shows up with 88/66 or AA, I'd count this as a cooler, because I'm shoving the river against anyone but the nittiest of nut-peddlers. FWIW, I'd also raise the flop for value/protection. I'm not giving villain free cards to hit a better two pairs or a flush. (I'd also raise the flop with flush draws, expecting villain to fold anything wore than top pair).

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 02:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
ty for the input guys. I called the flop bet as his range is wide opening from the s.b. Risky I know as any club makes life hard. Thought it would be better to raise the turn against his air and get more value that way.

Having said that had I raised the flop it would have made the later decisions much easier. Hindsight ftw.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 10:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Paddy,

I like raising the flop here too, but as played I'm comfortable 4betting the turn.

I agree the river sizing is scary, but I think we can't fold a full house (Zeebo is right again ). The villain seems to be a poor recreational player and while we are certainly beat sometimes here, I can see him showing up with A8, A6, AK, 57 in a spot like this so there's enough combos we beat to call here imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com