FH on the board

Old
FH on the board - Wed Apr 09, 2014, 02:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi all

I have 2 questions about this hand
1. Should I have Cbet here?
2. And should I have called the river bet?
I thought the V could be trying to get me off a chop. His stats seem to be ferly solid.
H:137
VP:17
PF:10
AG:2.2

Thanks for the help
Michael

Last edited by Michae2005; Wed Apr 09, 2014 at 02:29 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 02:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
1. If we're c-betting this flop, we need to bet the turn as well. Think about it.. If you had a pair would you check OTT? The answer is no.

2. I don't call to chop. I call to win. LOL

Thanks!
dirt

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 02:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
C-betting flop and checking turn looks good to me (villain has a pair or a queen very often, and a 6 doesn't scare hands like 99). River is probably a fold, as you're chopping at best, and you're losing to Qx, 66 and all pocket pairs higher than 66. Villain is in prime position to get you off a chop here, so I like his bet, but I'd just let him take it. One of the maxims I follow is "Don't call if you're chopping at best". It's just not a +EV decision when the most you can win is half the pot (minus rake) and you're having to pay 3/4 pot just to see the bad news.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 10:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Michae,

C-bet is fine, this is not a great turn to barrel though as it won't dissuade him from calling again with much of his flop calling range. If you had better reads and knew he called flop/folded turn too much, then you could barrel again regardless.

As played the river is not a call. He's pretty heavy in 77-JJ imo, going for value. I don't think a 17/10 guy is bluffing the river too much.

The math is pretty easy. We need to call .18 to win half of the .25 pot (since we can only chop or lose), so .18 to get back .125, so we have to be right 60% of the time roughly. Is he bluffing to get you off a chop sometimes? Maybe, although I think it's doubtful, it's not zero % of the time... but it's certainly not close to 60% of the time either.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 01:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2013
Thanks for the feedback

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com