Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 Zoom, QQ correct to check river?

Old
NL2 Zoom, QQ correct to check river? - Wed Apr 09, 2014, 05:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi,
Bet sizing analysis please, particularly on the turn.
Should I bet the river on this board?
or am I only getting called/raised by better hand?

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 05:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Definitely missed an opportunity OTR. I would bet about $1.00-1.25 about half his stack would be good. Bet sizing on both streets looks good to me. Just missed some value OTR.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 06:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
I think the bet sizing on the flop and turn is great. On the river I would be bet-folding.

So I would bet the value that 'dirt eh' said and then folding if the villain raises.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 06:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Made a note on this villain,
calling turn/river with gutshot s/c o/c

Last edited by F1sh4UrCh1p5; Wed Apr 09, 2014 at 06:26 PM..

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 03:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Your sizing seems fine. I might bet half pot on the flop since it fairly dry.

On the river, checking it down is safe. I think this is an sound and profitable strategy at 2NL and in this spot in particular since straights, trips and full houses are possible. This line will keep you out of trouble and is a line I would often take agsinst an unknown opponent. However as the other point out, we could win a bit more value here. You are beating most 2p hands as well as overpairs 1010 and JJ. You may also get called by A5, A8 or A9. This is a good spot to make a thin value bet of 50% the pot and folding if raised.

So, checking it down is a lower variance option, but betting the river will be more profitable inthe long run I believe.

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com