Old
NL2 Zoom, 55 should I shove the river? - Wed Apr 09, 2014, 05:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi,
I Bet pre/called,
I Bet flop/called by possible Q,
I Bet turn/just called with AQ on board
River comes another A and villain leads out.
From previous streets I put villain on possible A5 or AQ

So should I have shoved the river or correct to call?

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 05:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I would raise/fold OTR. I think we can make it $2.00 and fold to a shove.

Old
Wed Apr 09, 2014, 06:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2011
Personally I think I'm just giving the villain all of my money if he has a better full house. I'm putting all the money in here.

He is definitely calling off with any A in his hand, and there are more of those than just the AQ/A5/A2 hands.

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 03:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
I agree with craig. This is a great river card for us. There are so many players at 5NL that will stack off with trip As in this spot. Moreover, he would often raise the turn hoping you had an A, if he had flopped a set of Qs or 2s.

If the villain had AQ, I would have expected him to bet/raise the flop or turn. A5 is unlikely since you have two of them. A2 is possible, but again, I would have expected more action on the turn once they have made 2p. He will have a better hand some times, but the profit gained by raising all the times you are ahead far out weigh the losses. In spots like this we want to earn maximum profit.

The main question is how much to raise on the river. $2 would be a normal size, but I might consider just moving all in since many Ax hands would call a shove, but may not 3bet all in if we only bet $2. It depends on what we know about the villain. Thus far he has seemed passive which leans me toward just moving all in.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com