Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nl5 FR PP + OESD raise turn?

Old
nl5 FR PP + OESD raise turn? - Thu Apr 10, 2014, 03:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $3.67 (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 45)
BTN: $5.00 (VPIP: 7.14, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 28)
SB: $4.98 (VPIP: 30.88, PFR: 7.35, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 68)
Hero (BB): $5.85
UTG: $5.37 (VPIP: 11.59, PFR: 10.13, 3Bet Preflop: 4.12, Hands: 541)
UTG+1: $5.48 (VPIP: 32.56, PFR: 16.28, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 43)
MP: $1.82 (VPIP: 8.89, PFR: 7.78, 3Bet Preflop: 2.70, Hands: 90)
MP+1: $5.10 (VPIP: 14.93, PFR: 5.97, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 68)

(Villain stats were same 150 hands later)

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...315_D6778ABA62

Pre: nitty guy raises BU fish calls SB, i think i should call here rather than 3bet?

Flop: not sure if i can donk,raise or call with OESD ?

Turn: same as flop can i call or raise? is my raise size ok?

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: forgot

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 03:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
PF: Calling is ok. SB is super fishy. We can squeeze for value here to see if we get the BTN to fold and play HU vs. fish

OTF: Both X/C and X/R are good options. I prefer X/R.

OTT: X/R here is not good at all. Problem now is that both players are interested in this pot. When we raise ott, only better will call and worse will fold. Sometimes we will fold out better OTT by doing this but we could easily have just done this OTF.

Sizing OTT is also not too good. you're giving the BTN 2.8 to 1 to call and you're leaving yourself an awkward stack to follow up with a river shove if you miss.

What was your plan if you get called and you miss OTR? What was the plan if the BTN jams all in OTT after you raise?

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 04:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
PF: Calling is ok. SB is super fishy. We can squeeze for value here to see if we get the BTN to fold and play HU vs. fish

OTF: Both X/C and X/R are good options. I prefer X/R.

OTT: X/R here is not good at all. Problem now is that both players are interested in this pot. When we raise ott, only better will call and worse will fold. Sometimes we will fold out better OTT by doing this but we could easily have just done this OTF.

Sizing OTT is also not too good. you're giving the BTN 2.8 to 1 to call and you're leaving yourself an awkward stack to follow up with a river shove if you miss.

What was your plan if you get called and you miss OTR? What was the plan if the BTN jams all in OTT after you raise?
yeah i agree with what u said, i was hoping villain would fold here everything but a set, which i dont think he had as the turn bet was a bit small (i block 9J), with a fish to act after i think villain would bet bigger on turn?

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 04:20 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 12:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey UrGetinTaxed,

I think both preflop and flop lines are okay given BU's tight stats though its just 28 hands. If we've seen them raise a with a wide hand then we can squeeze to isolate the weaker opponent in the blind. Against because we are looking at a tight range from the BU I think calling is best because when they bet this flop against two opponents we can expect them to have a TP, overpair, or two overs and a draw in which case I think we don't have fold equity to justify a raise with second pair. We also have some SD value if not against the BU then certainly against the SB. For that same reason, I don't like raising the turn. We really don't accomplish much and we have even less fold equity after the BU bets twice and gets called again from the SB. Okay, I was wrong But I think a call OTT also is much better.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com