Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Request for paricipation!!

Old
Request for paricipation!! - Thu Apr 10, 2014, 08:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2014
IamAristotle and I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. Please contact me.

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 06:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAristotle View Post
IamAristotle and I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion. Please contact me.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 09:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello IamAristotle,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future.

First Step

Let's begin with the basics. Please take some time to study the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the quiz and we will credit your account with your first Bankroll Builder bonus.

flophitter

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Last edited by flophitter; Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: corrected error

Old
Are you replying to me? - Fri Apr 11, 2014, 10:48 AM
(#4)
'doeobdi'?? or did you mean me - 'IamAristotle'

Old
Passed the quiz!! :) - Fri Apr 11, 2014, 10:54 AM
(#5)
Hi,

I have passed the quiz with 81%. I read up the two topics it suggested at the end the quiz. I'll attemp the quiz again if possible. I'm going through the next course - STT.

When will I be credited with 2$? Please reply ASAP!!

Old
Hello - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 12:51 AM
(#6)
Hello,

I've passed the quiz 2 days ago... what should I do now??

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 09:01 AM
(#7)
Well done IamAristotle (and sorry for getting your name wrong last time - whoops)!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Old
Unhappy
Lost the bank roll!! - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 05:29 PM
(#8)
Hi,

After reading few lessons from 'cash game', I started playing 0.01/0.02 NLH. After some calls and fold my stack became around 1.3$. Then one hand I called with 9sTs. The flop came 10c9c3. I was first to act. Considering that there was a player with greater stack in front of me, I shoved. He called and he had pocket 3s. I lost the whole bankroll.

What should I have done?

Old
Talking
Passed the quiz!! - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:23 PM
(#9)
Hi,

I have passed the 'Cash Game' quiz with 91%. Maybe I did an 'outs' question wrong. What should I do now?

Also, if I get deposited 2$, how much should I buy-in with. According to bankroll management, I shouldn't be playing any stakes until I have 40$(I consider myself a serious player...). According to cash game lessons, it's best to take 100BB onto the table.

In other words what is the best way to build the bankroll??

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 11:07 AM
(#10)
Great job IamAristotle!

You passed the Cash Game Quiz and so you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundamentals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus.

Step Three

Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and, using the Hand Replayer, post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way.

Once you post your hand one of our Trainers will analyse it for you so please post an interesting hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents?

And I'll have a hand analyser address your questions in your previous posts.

flophitter

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 12:53 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hi,

After reading few lessons from 'cash game', I started playing 0.01/0.02 NLH. After some calls and fold my stack became around 1.3$. Then one hand I called with 9sTs. The flop came 10c9c3. I was first to act. Considering that there was a player with greater stack in front of me, I shoved. He called and he had pocket 3s. I lost the whole bankroll.

What should I have done?
If I want to bet a flop, I'm going to make a standard bet, which is based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. If there was only one opp in the pot, I'll make a standard bet of 1/2 pot. The same for the turn.

Unfortunately, flopping top 2 pair can be one of the most frustrating ones, as it's easy to go broke if someone hits a set, straight, flush or higher 2 pair.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 12:56 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hi,

I have passed the 'Cash Game' quiz with 91%. Maybe I did an 'outs' question wrong. What should I do now?

Also, if I get deposited 2$, how much should I buy-in with. According to bankroll management, I shouldn't be playing any stakes until I have 40$(I consider myself a serious player...). According to cash game lessons, it's best to take 100BB onto the table.

In other words what is the best way to build the bankroll??
For building a bankroll, I'm going to play the lowest stakes available. however, if I'm below the recommended bankroll requirements, I need to understand that I can bust my bankroll very easily. All that it will take is a couple cooler hands (or misplays) to do so.

When playing a cash table, I'm always buying in for the table maximum if at all possible.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Broadway Straight vs Full House - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 04:29 PM
(#13)

The player I'm involved with is a very loose player. He can almost have any hand.

Old
set - how do I know? - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 04:41 PM
(#14)

I put him on A8/A3/38 because I was in early position and had just limped and he was in late position.

Old
Should I have called? - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 04:49 PM
(#15)

The opponent is a tight player as per my read.
He always raised to 4BB when he had a real hand.
Otherwise he would just limp. This was the first time he raised to 5BB.

Should I have called? or did I do fine?

Note: The reason I limped with just TQ is that all the other players were folding most of the time. And I was called, I would see the flop and decide as I can put the people of this table on a read.
If I were to raise, then I would be loosing chips for sure.

Old
Is checking on the turn OK? - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 04:57 PM
(#16)

After the flop, he called me. And then on the turn checked back.

Finally on the river I was sure he just floated on the flop with either 2 face cards

or

he was just trying to bluff me out pre-flop as I had a very tight image on the table
But he called the flop because I couldn't possibly have a pair or maybe because he had a straight draw.

Should I have bet again on the turn out of position? or is it OK to gain info. by checking and seeing the reaction?

Old
Is aggressive betting better or pretending a hand better for bluffing? - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:06 PM
(#17)

I made everybody in the table know that I bet half pot with top pair.
Now in this hand, I put him on a pair on flop. Then from the turn onwards I bet half the pot pretending to have a Jack.

Should I have 3/4th pot on river to put him in pressure?

Old
Is my assumption wrong? - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:13 PM
(#18)

I assumed that he had not straight or straight draws after he bet that much on the flop.
And as nobody had seen me with cards as low as 6/7/3 I assumed he thought I had a club draw.

Old
Agression or slow play? - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:19 PM
(#19)

Should I hav slowplayed my hand?

Betting and calling made me think that one of them had a set/open-ender/two-pair.

So I had the risk of the board pairing up or a king falling the board.

Old
Busted draw!! - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:27 PM
(#20)

I was playing passively as he was giving me good enough odds each time, but on the turn I made a moster draw. So I raised and he called. This tells me that he himself was on a draw or had the 3 pair or 10 pair. On river he checked, so I bet aggressively as I could have had a Jack or better pockets.

Is this fine or should I consider that he was slowplaying a set and was trying to check-raise me?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com